Board logo

Lighting theme
macspeedy - 19/6/02 at 09:26 PM

I am new to this just browsing collecting info and looking at cool 7's is it possible to have lights like the small spots on this one?? http://ftp.linux.org.uk/~kgb/Caterham7/pics/RedRacer.jpg

ChrisW - 20/6/02 at 04:09 PM

They look like a Hella unit I was looking at at Stoneleigh. So long as they're E marked they're legal just beware - the set I was looking at cost £200

Chris

stephen_gusterson - 20/6/02 at 06:38 PM

quite a lot of cars have 'projector' style headlamps. My ex company car - mazda 323F had them, and I think the Alfa 156 does too.

atb

steve

Nick Davison - 8/8/02 at 07:49 AM

So where would I get a set of them, are they sold as a complete unit as on the car in the link above? Or would I have to find some in a scrap yard. I could always make a housing from GRP provided the glass is up to standard, all of these lights I have seen on production cars are behind perspex covers.

stephen_gusterson - 8/8/02 at 07:19 PM

i wouldnt recomment buying em new.

Mazda spares are ballisticaslly expensive. One of the front fog lights in the air dam, just above the splitter (see other thread!) broke, and it cost 220 quid - 293 fitted inc vat!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

macspeedy - 23/8/02 at 09:02 PM

I'm in the process of asking w-m ultr- people in america but they are very slow to come back, thanks for the input.