Board logo

Help with measurements please
dan8400 - 27/1/16 at 01:43 PM

Hi everyone.

I wondered if anyone can help with either some measurements or pictures of the Haynes roadster.

All I need are some photos and / or measurements of the rear suspension mounting points and the area around the diff. Don't really want the whole book as its for a different project. The book is £53 on eBay. So not fussed about buying it for that

Please let me know if anyone can help

Thanks
Dan

nick205 - 27/1/16 at 02:06 PM

You may already have done so, but might be worth joining the Haynes Roadster forum and asking there as well.

dan8400 - 27/1/16 at 02:08 PM

I haven't but thanks for the pointer

Thanks
Dan

Slimy38 - 27/1/16 at 02:19 PM

There is a picture on the Haynes forum of the back end, because I quietly poached it for my blog!!

http://slimyroadster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/measuring-up-lower-wishbones.html

It's only a rear view though, but since the rear suspension 'should' only move in one plane the front to back dimensions are less critical.

dan8400 - 27/1/16 at 02:35 PM

Thanks slimy

hizzi - 27/1/16 at 05:17 PM

the book is only £20 new? plus what are you building, the haynes book is different from the saturn plans which are different from talons chassis.
are you using sierra or mx5 rear end?

dan8400 - 27/1/16 at 05:21 PM

Hi Hizzi

I'm building a mid engined single seater based on a chassis I picked up that was for a Rayvolution Reverse trike. I am adding a Passat engine and gearbox, my own back end and hoped to use Haynes suspension to save me a job of designing a rear from scratch

Not fussed either mx5 or Sierra

Thanks
Dan

Talon Motorsport - 27/1/16 at 05:28 PM

Sounds an interesting project, if the chassis is made of 25mm box it was probably made by me about 4 years ago.
You can download the book for free by the way.

[Edited on 27/1/16 by Talon Motorsport]

dan8400 - 27/1/16 at 06:00 PM

Hi Talon

I bought two chassis off eBay together. One in round tube (which I sold on) and a 25mm square tube one (which I kept).

Where can I download the book please. I had a google but couldn't find it. Any chance of a link please?

Thanks
Dan