Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New LED lights from SVC!
MK9R

posted on 15/3/04 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
New LED lights from SVC!

Just bought a set of these from svc from the stafford show, they look the dogs!! And reasonably priced aswell!! What i really like is how shallow they are, there should be no problem with the backs of the lights touching the rear wheel through the arches.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 15/3/04 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
any pics?

these?

[Edited on 15/3/04 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

MK9R

posted on 15/3/04 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
those are the babies!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 15/3/04 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
how big are the roughly?

MK9R

posted on 15/3/04 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
92mm i think, the same as the crystal lights and those LED ring style thingys.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

JoelP

posted on 15/3/04 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
i ended up with some enormous crap ones from somewhere...

PioneerX

posted on 15/3/04 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
I saw those at the show tool, looked great when turned on (LED's always flash really well as there is no fade in or out. I did ask about the reversing light (white LED's), these will be stocked soon, but will cost about £75 each (due to the expence of White LED's)
ned

posted on 15/3/04 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
how much are these led's? james and i were pricing some up (the hella donut shaped ones that go round the small lights) and they were feckin expensive.

do these ones fit the black cowls to make them vertical? (yes i know only the fog light needs to be vertical for sva.)

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

MK9R

posted on 15/3/04 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
i take it thats why the indicators are more expensive than the brake/side lights

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

MK9R

posted on 15/3/04 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
yep they fit in the same cowls as the crystal and led ring types. A set of indicators and stop/tail are £83 i think. I got stop/side, indicators, chrome board light, and Hella foglamp for £100 at the show

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Steve @ sVc

posted on 16/3/04 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Austen
pleased you like the LEDS -you should have said hello! We sold out at the show and will have more here by tomorrow.
The amber leds are a litle more expensive as I'm told they naturally put out a little less light, so a more expensive LED was used. The white ones are - as you say much more, however you don't need a reverse light, so how about 2 rear fogs?
If turned on these will show whats behind you!
The carbon effect housings will bring the lens face vertical (keep you local SVA chap happy).
Regards
Steve @ sVc

bob

posted on 16/3/04 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Steve will you be at Detling ?

MK9R

posted on 17/3/04 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
Sory, should have said who i was but i feel a bit of an idiot saying "Hi, I'm Mk9R". I was the chap with his old man and we talked about the square headlights.

Are the metro lights you have brand new, if so have you got a reliable supply? Are they 20 each or a pair?

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

PioneerX

posted on 17/3/04 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Steve,

Sorry, I ment to say hello to loads of people, but kinda got wrapped up in spending the wifes money.

Just so you know, I was the guy who bought a complete set of crystal lights on the carbon fiber effert plinths, the 5" carbon fiber effect headlights and then made you keep them behind the counter for hours (in the name of Inns)

PioneerX

posted on 17/3/04 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Oh, ment to mention, Quality product!!! Great price. Thanks
Steve @ sVc

posted on 17/3/04 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
I agree about the LEDS. I waited a long time during their developemnt and when they arrived I held my breath while we opened the box. They are as nice as I could wish.
Yes we are at Detling, as you go into the hall, we are immediately on the left side.
I'll try and have a chat, but please forgive me if we are busy, as it was last Sunday - we had a superb show @ Stafford.
Metro lenses - brand new - price about ok, available in numbers, how many cars are you building?!
Just got over Stafford, about to start packing for the London Classic Car Show at Ally Pally this weekend - may see some of you, however no nice kit cars there!
Regards
Steve @ sVc

MK9R

posted on 17/3/04 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
I want to make some square shells to house square lights that i can sell to the locost brigade, so I want to base the design of the shell on a cheap and plentiful supply of lamp units.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

bob

posted on 17/3/04 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
steve hold some stop n tail and indicator rears for me as in pic on this thread,i'm hoping to be at Detling all weekend.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.