Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rev limiter
owenpilson

posted on 17/3/04 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
rev limiter

rather than paying 90 quid for a omex rev limiter can you get the rotor arm centrifugal type limiter for a pinto?
i used to have a bmw525 that had this type and you could buy rotor arms with different limits.

owen.

owenpilson

posted on 17/3/04 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
all i'm after is a simple fail safe, so i dont snap any bolts
ceebmoj

posted on 17/3/04 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
hi

I was wondering if you had any details of the soft and hard cut arrangements on the system as I have built such a system my self.

I am interested in the soft cut and found that developing a system that smoothly removed the power and hence controlled the RPM at the limiter can be challenging. Personally I uses system of causing a miss fire on successive cylinders (as is used in many cars in the event of a coolant failure) however if you are not careful this can lead to pre ignition if you have in correct coil control (or on a more modern car ecu it is much easer to interrupt the ecu pulse train).

The problem that I am presently working with is keeping the engine vibration to a minimum under the new firing sequence as this unsettles every thing and I am presently working on a dynamically changing firing order to keel every thing smooth so that as you come to the rmp limit the power just washes away and won’t rev any hire as opposed to the two band effect or similar in some systems.

If you or your sun want to talk then I am more than happy enough to swap some idears and show you my testing results to date i.e. a gig or so of oscilloscope traces.

Ps if I hade kept to just building the car I would be a lot further ahead now then I am.

Blake

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.