Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best car to grab wiring from?
Miller

posted on 4/4/04 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Best car to grab wiring from?

Hello I just found this forum and im ralley glad their is a good amount of info here and its been a good read. Anyway I dont have a Locost but I am building a tube chassis mid engine karmann ghia.
My question is what car companies are known for high quality wiring harnesses. Im lookin to get the majority out of a junker car and I want to know if their are any gems to look out for? The engine thats going in it is a turbocharged ford 2.3L and I plan for it to be a daily driver. Thanks

zetec

posted on 4/4/04 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
What switch gear are you using? Stalks or dash mounted aftermarket switches. There are some first class suppliers out there who will make the loom for you and fit plugs etc, cost of average locost loom just over £100, saves a lot of time.
Hellfire

posted on 4/4/04 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
A good place to look...

is Total Kit Car

there website is HERE

Hope it helps!

britishtrident

posted on 4/4/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
lolocost (ugh!) have a special offer on just now --- the looms are apparently better than most of what the sell.
zetec

posted on 4/4/04 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Premier wiring are first class, very helpful and have sorted many if not all the problems the average builder has come up against.
Deckman001

posted on 4/4/04 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with Zetec on this as well, Premier are the best I've seen, have also used one of there sierra/pinto looms, Very easy to install, and as said before, if you have any probs installing and conecting it, Alan of Premier makes himself avaliable to help sort probs over the phone !!. He's at most shows, and his workshop is in Woking, Surrey

Jason

Miller

posted on 5/4/04 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I wish the premier wiring website had more info about their wiring looms. I kinda wanna build my own wiring loom but I know its gonna be way more work than I want and probably more expensive aswell. do any of you guys have pics of your premier wiring looms? I also live in the states so hopefully shipping wont be that bad.
Peteff

posted on 5/4/04 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
If you just want wire get to the scrapyard and find an old Volvo estate. Quality wire and long lengths to the rear.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Staple balls

posted on 6/4/04 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
3rd vote for premier, they're bloody great

i've heard bad things about the lolo/vicky green looms though

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.