Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: flasher!!
Craig81

posted on 11/8/04 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
flasher!!

Hi all,

just finished putting in my loom. Every thing seems to work ok but have just noticed something im unsure about. Im using serria switchs, and with my lights turned on my dip/main beam works fine and when you pull the stork back on dip it flashs main beam. however, when i turn my lights off, and pull back to flash lights noting happerns. Is it an sva requirement to be ableto flash the head lights with out the lights switch to on??.

(sorry for wafferling)

JoelP

posted on 11/8/04 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
yes, it is a requirement. (i think!) i suspect you have just made the wiring a little too simple. The switches work by earthing a current. The 'push' flash uses a different earth to the 'pull' flash, namely one in the light switch on the other side. Hence the flash has a perminant earth, but the push flash only can earth with the lights on, hence the main beam doesnt come on.

The wiring stuff is right but i may be wrong about having to have the flash all the time.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

alister667

posted on 11/8/04 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Mine does exactly that and passed the SVA. Mind you that does not mean yours will pass that way too (see lots of discussions on how crap the SVA is!).
I had a browse around the regs before my SVA (I was aware of the problem - it was as Joel describes) but did not see any mention of it in the SVA regs so chanced it and it passed.

Short answer - God only knows!!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kingr

posted on 12/8/04 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think it's a requirement, but it's probably worth sorting out anyway - it'll come in handy.

Kingr

Steve @ sVc

posted on 12/8/04 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
No need to be able to flash headlights - this is not a "recognised" signal.
Regards
Steve @ sVc

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.