Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Canbus loom hack
unijacko67

posted on 21/2/17 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Canbus loom hack

Citroen C2 VTS, Rally Car Project?

Engine loom will be a bespoke loom using DTA ECU and dash so no problem there.

So I'm thinking about ripping the loom out, but still need lights, wipers & indicators etc.

Question is as I believe the light units have a fused common live sent to them and then the light switches just earth the circuit for the function required why am I led to believe I can't re use all the original switch gear, indicators, lights etc.

My aim is to get shut of the bsi and all the clever stuff that can go wrong and just have some very simple circuits but re use the original terminal blocks to all the lights and wiper motor etc along with the switch gear.

Iv'e looked at aftermarket kit car looms which look like lots of crimp connectors that can be connected to oem light cluster sockets, but that just seems like more to go wrong and would require aftermarket switch gear.

I have in the past stripped all the abs, air con, immobilizers, electric windows, power hood circuits out of a very complicated loom, but retained the ecu and dash so kept the loom fairly standard as far as the loom was concerned, it just didn't know those part where missing and just thought that they weren't being used apart from abs light on the dash obvs, but that was a major hassle of a job because I needed the engine loom.

Any info and help please before I start ?????

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ste

posted on 23/2/17 at 05:26 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't bother. Just replace any switchgear that only works with CAN and rewire the whole thing. Simpler and more reliable for a rally car.
ste

posted on 23/2/17 at 05:28 AM Reply With Quote
Let me know if you want a loom making. I build wiring looms for fighter jets so could make you something if you need.
unijacko67

posted on 23/2/17 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks ste, I'll have a quick look at it, but new loom is favourite. I could do to find some Citroen terminals so I can re use the terminal blocks that connect to the lights and stuff. Also looking for a good terminal removal tool.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.