Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Electronics experts! Simple circuit needed!
russbost

posted on 11/4/18 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Well, slow progress so far, the first circuit I linked to proved to be useless, I've had 2 of them now & can't get either of them to read voltage, never mind set voltages that are required to differentiate between - the instructions are useless & when going into the settings there are some there that don't even appear in the instructions!

I then purchased one of these link which on the bench appeared to do what I wanted, however, when I fitted it to the car it immediately failed, I thought I'd shorted something out, but on trying a second unit with a great deal more care, same result!

I think it is something to do with the way it presents & "looks at" the voltage, I suspect it might work if it was run from a completely separate power supply, I think there is some sort of crossover on the earth path which effectively shorts something within the unit.

So, back to square one, have now ordered all the components to make one of the circuits suggested, will report back in due course

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.