Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CBS Wiring module - savage switches - questions/help please
hazardpro

posted on 28/3/18 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
CBS Wiring module - savage switches - questions/help please

Hi all

Looking for people who are running the CBS wiring module.

Have some specific questions regarding wiring indicators and hazards and also lights please.

Im finding their wiring diagram confusing to say the least.

So first issue..... im running savage switches....

I have 3 switches for the lights:

side light, headlight, full beam

Based on the CBS module there is one feed for the side and headlights.... (L4) - so checking L4 , this is a permanent live.... so that means my side lights would be on all the time.... which is going to be no good.....

So can anyone using the CBS and savage switches please let me know how they wired those up?

Second issue, hazard lights and turn signals.

Ok no idea on this one.... the CBS module says it has Hazard unit and flasher unit built it. But it has one feed for the indicators (L7) - ive checked that and it does not give any voltage (probably because I have to wire up the hazard part?)

There is also U3 which states 'feed for hazard switch terminal 49a'...

Now I have the savage hazard light switch.....but dont know how that supposed to be wired up to work with the CBS module.... and I wanted to have 2 on/off buttons for the indicators (which I will mount to my steering wheel). Again dont know how to wire those up.

I guess id need to wiring it up so it would not be possible to hit the left indicator btn and right one - resulting in both left and right indicators going at once, so pressing one would need to cancel the other..... I think..... lol

Its at this point my brain goes into complete meltdown lol

Would be very grateful for any help

H

CBS Wirinbg Module wiring diagram

[Edited on 28/3/18 by hazardpro]

jelly head

posted on 28/3/18 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't use a cbs module but the diagram on the below site works for using savage switches for indicators etc:

http://bassettsbuilddiary.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/

big-vee-twin

posted on 28/3/18 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Not used one of these but I think you mean pin 14 for the lights.

This a permanent live feed you take to your switch, then from other side of switch to lights.

Again pin 17 outputs live to your indicator switch common then onto your indicators.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.