Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dominator headlights
adam1985

posted on 19/7/18 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Dominator headlights

Im looking to get my westie through mot in the next few weeks but i need new headlights, if i get a set of dominator headlights will they pass?
loggyboy

posted on 19/7/18 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Mixed reviews, down to chinese quality.
They should pass, they certainly have passed on cars for IVA and mot, but if you want a certain pass look else where.

Mistral Motorsport

russbost

posted on 19/7/18 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
They certainly should pass & as loggyboy says, have passed 1000's of tests, but if you have an idiot tester he can basically fail as he sees fit whatever you have on there.

See the FAQ's on Furore Products website (scroll down to the "Headlamps" section) for a simple fix to give the kickup to the left as you would normally expect

Link to FAQ's

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
snowy2

posted on 28/7/18 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have fitted dominator headlamps....
they only have a "Flat" beam pattern (ok for MOT.....perhaps even for C+U)
they can only be wired up with one pair of dip beams but two pair of main beams to be legal on new builds.
they do not give very good light on dip (even if you have all 4 dips working ....which you can if the car is registered before 1983 or sometime (i would need to check))
the lights are fixed (no adjustment) so you will have to devise a method of adjusting them for light position on the road

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

snowy2

posted on 28/7/18 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/4/made

these are the construction and use regs..... i think they still apply today

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

adam1985

posted on 28/7/18 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the posts guys, ive ordered a set from furore and there sat at the local post office now
Im not planning on doing to much night driving in the 7 but still want to be legal and safe if i need to.

[Edited on 28/7/18 by adam1985]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.