Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: loom routing
Mike McKinstry

posted on 27/2/03 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
loom routing

Hi,anyone got pics of neatest way of feeding loom from n/s of bay into footwell area,mike.
stephen_gusterson

posted on 27/2/03 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McKinstry
Hi,anyone got pics of neatest way of feeding loom from n/s of bay into footwell area,mike.

its quite hard to make wiring look neat.......my wiring was described as looking like an alfresco dining accident outside an italian restaurant.

Thats cos its all yellow and the ends are not connected to anything

What I did was run three key lengths of flexy conduit. This is a bit like 'ribbed hose pipe' and it abount an inch in diameter.

On my car, the dash covers the larger part of the gearbox area as it comes from the bulkhead. So, at this point I made three holes to take conduit / trunking.

one goes to the gearbox, carrying speed sensor wires and reverse wires.

One goes forward over the gearbox, runs across the drivers side and then to the front of the driver side where it runs to the distribution point for all the lights. (I have another loom, not in trunking, thats the std ignition loom from the donor - that comes out the passenger side.

A third conduit runs from the gearbox cover area down the tranny tunnel, over the diff and supplied the rear lights and fuel tank / pump sensors.

A furthe bit of trunking runs across the rear of the dash, and acts as a route for switches and stuff.

It still looks like a spaghetti accident tho!

atb

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.