Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Even more electical nightmares
Mark Allanson

posted on 26/10/03 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Even more electical nightmares

I really struggle with all this electric string stuff, lots of pretty colours, and all wrapped up in sticky tape.

I am trying to isolate the injection/ignition loom , many here have said it is a separate system, but as far as I can see, it is fully integrated, and even incorporates the drivers door C/L motor!

If anyone has managed to separate it, can you give me a few pointers? Is it going to be easier to pick up a Luego loom at Exeter show and splice in the inj/ign systems?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

JoelP

posted on 26/10/03 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
there is a hole in the bulkhead where most of the sensor wires head thru into the area behind the glovebox. Disconect this, and many wires should come free.

IIRC mine is in 3 pieces, the starter/battery stuff (short fat and red!) the engine wires complete with the little 6 wire module (depends on the engine, yours in INJ yes?) and then a bag full for everything else. Holding the fuse box its all just a big tangle like roots. I cut out most that wasnt needed by using the haynes manual. Got it wrong and threw out the connector that goes to the engine, thought it was the radio connector!

Are you using a sierra injection job?

i really should read the question first shouldn't i?!?

[Edited on 26/10/03 by JoelP]

Mark Allanson

posted on 26/10/03 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
It is inj, I pulled it all out in one by chisling the bulkhead - I cut the door and pillar looms and chopped the sills between the doors - to hook it all up later. I have a nasty looking bulb out detector thing with 10,000 very small wires goin to it - looks very complicated Rescued attachment Loom Start.jpg
Rescued attachment Loom Start.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

stephen_gusterson

posted on 26/10/03 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
mine was a v6 so might not be the same.

just work back from the ecu conector back thro the loom.

Some people use the whole loom, but as joel has said, the fuse box is a peice of crap rats nest. I would use just the essentials - ie the efi bit - and buy something locost related for the rest.

atb

steve

Metal Hippy

posted on 30/10/03 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Oi, don't insult rats....

[img][/img]

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

JoelP

posted on 30/10/03 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
i used to have 3 pet rats, absolutely adorable creatures, clean clever and friendly. i still miss them...
Metal Hippy

posted on 30/10/03 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
That's our male called Geezer.

We've also got Magic and Mischief, 2 females...

Mischief is so accurately named it's insane at times..

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.