Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lucas Tacho
chrisg

posted on 2/7/02 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Lucas Tacho

Hello friends,

Those that know me will know about the "fire " incident.

well, the wirings all better now apart from the tachometer.

It's a Lucas, from a Dolomite, I know it has a trigger wire from the coil, but I can't remember if it's from the + or -, and there's a spare tag on it, does it need a live? ( it's earthed on the case)

Any help greatfully received!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/7/02 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hello friends,

Those that know me will know about the "fire " incident.

well, the wirings all better now apart from the tachometer.

It's a Lucas, from a Dolomite, I know it has a trigger wire from the coil, but I can't remember if it's from the + or -, and there's a spare tag on it, does it need a live? ( it's earthed on the case)

Any help greatfully received!

Cheers

Chris

so, according to the list, thats the 2nd fire incident?

The tacho wire goes to the contact breaker terminal - which should be the -ve one on the coil.

You will need power to it also, sometimes it needs to be via a regulator, and i have no idea if the dolomite needs one - probably not?

Did you use fuses on your car? I have 18, and its still not enough. But then my car has efi and abs, so it all adds up!

atb

steve

chrisg

posted on 3/7/02 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Steve,

Just the one fire, still being fixed!

Forgot to replace the engine earth and the throttle cable took the current, burnt out the loom. Fuses didn't help.

So you reckon the spare tag on the back is for a live feed?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

chrisg

posted on 3/7/02 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Steve,

Just the one fire, still being fixed!

Forgot to replace the engine earth and the throttle cable took the current, burnt out the loom. Fuses didn't help.

So you reckon the spare tag on the back is for a live feed?

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson

posted on 3/7/02 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Developed a stutter hey Chris?

I strongly suspect its for a live feed. Is there also a terminal for the back lighting?

I would guess if you are in any doubt, see if there is a yahoo triumph group or any other resource using Google and ask questions if you wanna be 100%.

The enine earth thing is a pretty common one. I ought to put a second one on mine to be sure, but then I suppose the one thats on the gearbox kinda gives me belt and braces.

Anyway, wasnt it you that set fie to rubbish in your garage and needed rescuing? That would make it two!

atb

Steve

chrisg

posted on 3/7/02 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ah yes,

I'd blocked that out, three years of therapy down the drain!!

Cheers

Chris

Jon Ison

posted on 4/7/02 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
seen my post below chris ? have i to bring the tacho to your next meeting, oh saw a few dodgy pics last night.......Le-mans ?
Jon Ison

posted on 4/7/02 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
seen my post below chris ? have i to bring the tacho to your next meeting, oh saw a few dodgy pics last night.......Le-mans ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.