Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digi dash please
andrew-theasby

posted on 30/11/03 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Digi dash please

Can anybody out there make me/supply me a parts kit for a digital dash please similar to the sort of thing on the etb instruments web site? Im basically after a (SVA compliant) large digital speedo readout with coloured shift lights and a programmable rev limiter with launch control button. Wouldnt need to be in a case and wouldnt have to have the other read out for water temp etc but would be nice depending on price. Willing to pay fair price but i think the £500 that etb want is a bit much for the sort of thing im after. Thanks in advance, Andrew.
scutter

posted on 30/11/03 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Andrew, there was chat about fitting an Astra dash, dash link

it seemed to die a death, would be good to find out more as i've got hold of a dash and the link in the thread doesn't work anymore.

All the best Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 30/11/03 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'm working on a digi dash which I intend to sell. Will be another 6 months of development yet depending on the demands you lot place on me!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 1/12/03 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
We're hoping to be on the road within about 4 months. Pull your finger out and we may have one from ya

Stu16v

posted on 1/12/03 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Try here....

Dont just build it.....make it!

scutter

posted on 1/12/03 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Apart from all you Electrical boffins out there, isn't there any companies that make custom transducers and how much do they cost

(It's got to be cheaper than the 750 pounds for a ready made digital dash!)

Dan.

Deckman001

posted on 1/12/03 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
or try here http://www.intellitronix.com/index.html
Look under 'Universal digital panels'
I think 'fifer' is tring to sort out a deal with the company to import them into this country

andrew-theasby

posted on 2/12/03 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry i havent been on for a few days, but thanks for the replies. Ive checked out those links so it looks like ive got about 6 months to get the astra dash working then "chrisW" As it happens ive just been given an astra dash today by a friend who i was discussing it with, but no loom or sender so if anyones got a spare... Hopefully ill let you know how i get on soon, hoping to be on the road by spring. Thanks.
ned

posted on 3/12/03 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Mr theasby,

check out one of the vauxhall forums, eg migweb, there are always bits and pieces going on there, there was a job lot of vx bits on ebay recently too, might include some digidash bits...

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Stu16v

posted on 3/12/03 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Loom may be a bit of a prob to source, but the sender is not a problem. I am now running a modified Ford sender in mine, after the original sender got wiped out when my diff tried to make an escape

andrew-theasby

posted on 3/12/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I thought id need the loom for the plugs on it but if i can get round that, do you have a wiring diagram of any kind i could beg, borrow or buy. I was hoping to be able to use all the gauges too, seen as how thats where the engine came from, but what does the rev counter connect to?
ned

posted on 4/12/03 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
i have the astra haynes manual, not looked but guessing it might have a relevant diagram in the back. Won't be able to get a pic unti the weekend, let me know if'll be of any use (if there!)

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

andrew-theasby

posted on 5/12/03 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yes please.
Stu16v

posted on 5/12/03 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
The Mk2 Haynes manual covers the wiring (or at least *my* Haynes manual does). I can assist, but I would need to send by snail mail.
As for the rev counter-what ign system will you be running? From out of the Digidash, the signal for the rev counter is a green wire. *Most* MBE ign systems will run a VX digidash, as will an 8v ignition conversion (as long as there is a green wire from the amplier multiplug terminal).

HTH Stu.

[Edited on 5/12/03 by Stu16v]

scutter

posted on 6/12/03 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Andrew, this LINK goes to a full wiring guide, hope it's helpful.

Dan.

andrew-theasby

posted on 6/12/03 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Just the job that thankyou It makes it sound easy, We'll see about that! Just got to find a transducer now. Cheers, Ill post some pics when its done.
Northy

posted on 6/12/03 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Andrew, let me know how you get on please

Are you using a Type 9 box?

I have a mate who has a Digi Dash lying around.

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Fifer

posted on 12/12/03 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Digital dash (The answer)

Looks like I didnt get the message across in my For Sale post.
As mentioned in this post above, I have secured a deal with Nordskog in the US. I now have gauges and can get panels etc. If you really want a digital dash, there is no comparison to these units, especially in price.
Take a look at the cheapest prices for "Analogue" gauges in the Kit car press and elsewhere !
See my post in for sale for details or u2u

Stu16v

posted on 12/12/03 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
I dunno about that-mine cost me 18 quid....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.