Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Checked my electrics!!
MK9R

posted on 11/3/04 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Checked my electrics!!

Connected the battery for the first time last night and checked everything out. Apart from a dodgy handbrake switch and one of the loom plugs being put together in reverse (just had to rearrange the terminals in the block) every thing worked perfectly, not even one blown fuse!!!! I am absolutly amazed (as was was father) and feel really pleased with myself!! I feel like we are on the homeward stretch now!! Just got to get the bloody dash finished, we'e been on it for 5 months!

Just a quicky about the indicators/hazards. We haven't got any lights yet so just used a spare warning light bulb to test each lighting circuit induvidually. Nothing happend with the indicators, but when we tested the circuits with a tester we got a resistance reading. I assumed this was correct as i was expecting to have to have all the indicators wired up before they would flash, although i ded expect the test bulb to light up. We are getting the lights at the weekend so i can test it properly then.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Julian B

posted on 11/3/04 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Thats good news congrats on the wiring

The indicators might not have flashed because of the wrong load, but as you say i woulndt look into it any further untill you have all of the bulbs connected.

Chris Leonard

posted on 12/3/04 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
The flasher unit probally wont work until you get the bulbs in - I changed the indicators on my motorbike once for the smaller type and the bulbs they supplied didnt have enough resistance to tigger the flsher unit. Higher wattage bulbs cured it - so you'll probally be OK
Hellfire

posted on 16/3/04 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
IMHO - when we tested our without bulbs - the relay buzzed due to rapid switching. (Only for very short period..) connected flashers and it worked ok...

Not out of the tree's yet Austen!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.