Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Using Camcorder on a 7?
coozer

posted on 24/8/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Using Camcorder on a 7?

I have bought a MinDV recorder and bullet cam... the pictures are rubbish the MDV thing is a knacker to use without a screen. No sound either.

Now then, I have a HD camcorder that does all that with out wires, has a good picture and sound...

If I lash it to the roll bar or the boot top whats the best way to protect it from suicidal animals? Bit of perpex in front?

Anyone else doing anything similar?

Ta,
Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

jwallbank

posted on 24/8/09 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Camcorder

Hi, My son has fitted an ATC5000 helmet cam from DogCamSport to the roll cage of a grass track car - brilliant!!!

Seen a lot of camcorders hanging off roll cages - seem to be too heavy for the supports. Even seen ones fitted by TV crews falling off.
The ATC5000 bullet camera is self contained and records onto an SD card. Good pictures and sound plus a remote control.

Not tried anything in front of it so far.

John W

Andy D

posted on 25/8/09 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I have bought a MinDV recorder and bullet cam... the pictures are rubbish the MDV thing is a knacker to use without a screen. No sound either.

Now then, I have a HD camcorder that does all that with out wires, has a good picture and sound...

If I lash it to the roll bar or the boot top whats the best way to protect it from suicidal animals? Bit of perpex in front?

Anyone else doing anything similar?

Ta,
Steve

All the vids I put up, (see my www) are recorded on a mini DV camcorder, clamped to the roll bar. A filter on the lens is the only protection it has, and so far we've only had to change the filter once, due to a stone chip.. I suppose a direct hit by a pigeon could wipe it out, but so far, so good. ...Cue one pigeon at the next trackday..

The rear views in the Civic are a borrowed bullet cam, and I find the picture's not so good.

Andy D

posted on 31/8/09 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

All the vids I put up, (see my www) are recorded on a mini DV camcorder, clamped to the roll bar. A filter on the lens is the only protection it has, and so far we've only had to change the filter once, due to a stone chip.. I suppose a direct hit by a pigeon could wipe it out, but so far, so good. ...Cue one pigeon at the next trackday..

Yup, well it wasn't a pigeon, it was a pheasant! Today at Croft, just after tower bend. Later on, what looks like a small cat ran across the track on the back straight in front of Pete.

coozer

posted on 31/8/09 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Ah well, at least you lunch out of it

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.