Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD: Sony CDX S2050 connector plug and diagram
Humbug

posted on 3/4/10 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
WTD: Sony CDX S2050 connector plug and diagram

My bro gave me this radio/CD player and I thought I could use it in the garage with a PC power supply I have got lying around.

However, it didn't come with a plug and though I found an online manual it doesn't have the connector pin diagram

Anyone any ideas and/or got a spare plug gathering dust?

TIA

Simon Rescued attachment Sony CDX S2050.JPG
Rescued attachment Sony CDX S2050.JPG

ChrisW

posted on 3/4/10 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a loom, but it's down at my workshop and I won't be able to get it until at least Monday.

However, if I remember right, the power pins are all grouped at one end, and the speakers at the other, with +ve on top row and -ve on bottom.

If I were in an investigatory mood, I'd put a continuity tester on the case and to the bottom pins. Hopefully you'd find that pin on it's own on the left side to be the only one with continuity to the case. If so, *from memory* I'd say the two above it are the ignition and perm lives, and it would be trial and error to work out which way around. (See if it looses memory settings when you turn the ignition off, if so they're round the wrong way).

Once you've got it to light up, the speakers should be trial and error. Work from the other end of the connector.

DISCLAIMER: This is all from memory, and it's been several years since I last wired a Sony, so if you kill it I accept no responsibility!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 3/4/10 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, Chris... when you do get access to your loom I would be grateful if you could check.

Cheers

Simon

luke

posted on 3/4/10 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Taken from the autoleads catalogue, I think its as you look at the front with the wires coming out the back so for you looking at the unit you will reverse it so the lives are grouped on the left.
Red and yellow are live, black neutral.

The 8 grouped together on the other side of the plug are the speakers, possitive top row and negative bottom row. The outer pairs are front and middle two pairs rear. Rescued attachment IMG00010-20100403-1348.jpg
Rescued attachment IMG00010-20100403-1348.jpg

bi22le

posted on 3/4/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
And if it helps I believe that all sonys still have the same plug \ loom so any sony loom will do.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.