Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: installing digidash1Lite
RK

posted on 17/9/10 at 01:56 AM Reply With Quote
installing digidash1Lite

Just received from D. Tweeks. I feel very odd saying this, but I just can't face it. I did all my own work wiring the car, with a lot of trial and error.

In your country, how much do you think it would cost to have an auto electrician or mechanic install the sensors, magnets, wires etc ?

Just a question.

I have one autoslalom and one trackday left in the year, and I want to drive, not rush about fiddling with the car. I am not in a hurry to install the new bits, but the longer I go without driving it, the less I want to wrench on it!

interestedparty

posted on 17/9/10 at 05:19 AM Reply With Quote
If all you have to do is the install the dash and the sensors, then I think it would be quicker to do it yourself than to find someone else, explain to them what to do, then get them to actually do it.

It won't be that hard, really. You need to stimulate an attitude change. Correct choice of music does that for me, the Beatles are especially good, work your way through the albums chronologically and by the time you get to Abbey Road you should have it sorted

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

Mal

posted on 17/9/10 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
If you have wired all of your car then installing DD2 will be easy. I have done both things, so think I am qualified to say. The wiring diagram gives you most of the information you need.
If you have any problems contact ETB instruments, who are very helpful.

HTH

Mal

blakep82

posted on 17/9/10 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
about £30 per hour normally i think

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Chet

posted on 17/9/10 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
FYI-
The ETB Digidash lite is a great unit. I strongly suggest you consider installing it yourself.

The documentation on the wiring diagram and the manual on the CD will cover most any questions you may have.

You may want to consider using the GPS add on to even eliminate the need for the magnets.

The unit comes with it's own sensors so you don't need to worry about that issue.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 17/9/10 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, people. I will start with
Abba and end up at ZZTop.

The softwear DigiTools, it comes with, is very unclear as well. After I put gear ratios in, I was totally lost. Also setting up the unit itself involves going through the different display possibilities, leaving me aghast. Not keen on phoning the UK to sort it out either.

Would JB Weld work for gluing the magnets? Still not sure what they mean by "dimple down" and "install both". Can't visualise that part. The magnets are TINY.

interestedparty

posted on 17/9/10 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK

Would JB Weld work for gluing the magnets? Still not sure what they mean by "dimple down" and "install both". Can't visualise that part. The magnets are TINY.

Good quality slow setting epoxy (araldite in the UK) works well, as long as everything is clean (cellulose thinners is good). Warming the epoxy with a hairdryer will make it easier to use, and drive the micro-bubbles out (It will go translucent)

Magnets should have one side marked with a dimple, so glue them with that face down. Use both I assume means mount both of them 180 degrees to each other.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

RK

posted on 17/9/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have emailed ETB. It is premature to try to help me further at this point. Thank you everyone!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.