Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: motorcyle breakers
budgetbuilder

posted on 2/7/04 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
motorcyle breakers

I found this place on a google search as I am looking at engine options for a locost I am planning. Thought it mightbe of use to some people here too! I havent used them so cant vouch for the service but it sure beats ebay!

http://www.m1salvageandbreakers.co.uk/engine%20stock.htm

"If I'm not looking out of the rear window, I think I can save it...." Roger Clark

mangogroove

posted on 2/7/04 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
First post and and the secrets out LOL

R1s bit pricey but you do get a 28 day come back.

You want it when!

jimgiblett

posted on 2/7/04 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I only paid £1600 my brand new 2001 spec R1 from PDM racing. I think £1000-£1200 would be more reasonable (even from a breaker with 28days warranty). If you purchase on your credit card you'd get some way towards 28 days warranty anyhow.

My 2p worth

Jim

budgetbuilder

posted on 2/7/04 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
eh?

quote:
Originally posted by mangogroove
First post and and the secrets out LOL

R1s bit pricey but you do get a 28 day come back.

and what secret would this be mr skid? I look forward to your enlightening reply!

"If I'm not looking out of the rear window, I think I can save it...." Roger Clark

mangogroove

posted on 2/7/04 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ive been investigating prices up and down this land. I had only just found these guys yesterday !

The price seems to vary on a supply and demand VS location in Blighty.

Any way welcome to the forum (madhouse)

Cheers

You want it when!

colibriman

posted on 2/7/04 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be delighted to get 1400 quid for one of my engines....then again i'm not greedy.... have 4 available....not all r1's though
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
budgetbuilder

posted on 2/7/04 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
aaaaahhh, it all becomes clear! man puts post about bike engines on net, everyone sees post and enquires about engines, engine vendor puts up price, locost becomes highercost!

I think I'm going to go for a fireblade lump as they seem to be the best compromise between performance and cost. I had looked at things like the ZZR 1100 as these are used in the tiny single seaters and the radical too but dont know how they would fit etc etc.

thanks for the welcome. I'll be the one asking all the dumb questions from now on!...

Peteff

posted on 2/7/04 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Good link....

Looks like they have a lot of stock, hope they still have some when I need it .

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 2/7/04 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
i got my kwak c1 engine for 500, looks a lot cheaper than there as the zx9 b engine is 900 quid!

what engines do you have in at the minute colibriman?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Guinness

posted on 2/7/04 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Great link. Having just been outbid on ebay for my motor of choice i am in the market for a motor.

colibriman, u have u2u.

Anyone on here used the 1200 Bandit engine? Seems a bargin at £800?

Cheers

colibriman

posted on 2/7/04 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
hi there...

the ones i have are as follows....

2001 suzuki gsxr1000k1 7500km
complete with fuel injection and loom, radiator,downpipes etc -
beautiful condition - 1100 pounds

1999 kawasaki zx9r c2 16000km complete with carbs wiring loom fuel pump but no cdi or regulator yet - excellent condition 750 pounds

2 x R1

1 - 2000 with carbs, radiator, downpipes but no loom cdi or regulator yet.. 750

2 - 1998 with carbs , no loom and has a broken mounting hence 650

just give me a shout if i can give you any more info....

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
colibriman

posted on 2/7/04 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
oh...and guiness..you have u2u
Guinness

posted on 2/7/04 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers colibriman

I'm heading up to Glasgow to the NSAA auction tomorrow lunchtime to see if i can get a whole bike.

If i don't get anywhere i'll give you another u2u.

colibriman

posted on 2/7/04 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
ok no worries.....
hope you find what you want....but feel free to give me a shout if you dont get any luck....

cheers
colin

spunky

posted on 3/7/04 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Always overlooked...

Honda ST1100 engines are lovely, supurb torque curve and good power. Also the clutch slave cylinder is on the other side of the engine which eliminates one big hassle in the build.
Also for something a little different the Triumph triples are great. Similar torque to a twin and big power like a multi.
And they are cheap.
Good link, thanks.

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

colibriman

posted on 3/7/04 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
i love the sound of a twin ...but even more so of the triple...especially giving it full beans.......
spunky

posted on 3/7/04 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by colibriman
i love the sound of a twin ...but even more so of the triple...especially giving it full beans.......

I've had two Truiumph Daytonas 955i.
The sound of triple on full chat with race pipes and hot cams is something to behold. 147 British Ponies and 75ftlb.
Would work in a car.... 3 pots means smaller too

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

colibriman

posted on 3/7/04 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
' I've had two Truiumph Daytonas 955i. '

you like them?....

ive got a tt600 just now and fancied one of these...only trouble is i go far too fast for my licence on it as it is....

Peteff

posted on 4/7/04 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
...only trouble is i go far too fast for my licence on it as it is....

Do they do licences different now?. My old thing hasn't got a speed rating on it .

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

colibriman

posted on 5/7/04 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote :

"Do they do licences different now?. My old thing hasn't got a speed rating on it . "

pete....

mine has 2 speeds on it.......

go slow or stop going........

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.