Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Loadsa members, how many builders
Jasper

posted on 10/9/02 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Loadsa members, how many builders

Just a thought, we have well over 500 members now, but if seems to be the same dozen or so people posting all the time.

How many members are actually building?

Or is it that we are the only sad b***ards who spend all evening on the internet????

bob

posted on 10/9/02 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper
I was wondering this too,and how many are complete?

As for the next bit,we are sad and this has been confirmed by my darling wife.

Just to make things clear the wife is a darling cos she just paid for my shocks,what a good girl

stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/9/02 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Just a thought, we have well over 500 members now, but if seems to be the same dozen or so people posting all the time.

How many members are actually building?

Or is it that we are the only sad b***ards who spend all evening on the internet????

Im guilty of all of that! Look at the members list - you can view by number of posts. Seems that there are a top 50 prolific posters. I always reconed that on TOL with 1200 members, there are only ever 50 active ones. its easy to join something only to return once or twice or not at all.

atb

steve

Macca

posted on 10/9/02 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hands up, still just a wanna be at the moment. Although I did manage my first purchase towards the final goal today, (pair of 'tina hubs and calipers 20 squid), but I don't think that counts?
Col.

locodude

posted on 10/9/02 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Bob
There's no such thing as a 'complete' Locost. 25 months and still tinkering, even though it's 15 months since SVA and reg!! Not touched it for a fortnight though apart from jumping in and driving, hmmm I must be slipping! Good idea for a poll though.
Chris PTM

bob

posted on 10/9/02 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Chris
Never finished but on the road,which is nice .
I've got nearly all the bits just a matter of finishing the decorating so i can get back in the garage.
Oh and that little matter of HGV test centre,its a lot of money just to set your brake bias and calibrate ya speedo that SVA.

Jon Ison

posted on 10/9/02 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
me tooooooo still tinkering.....

Peteff

posted on 10/9/02 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Mine's parked in the shed not taxed or insured but I'll soon have enough bits to start on another one.

yours Pete

RoadkillUK

posted on 10/9/02 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Me and UncleFista are still building, and we WILL get there one day

Not done a lot lately, need some more of that money stuff

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chazzy

posted on 10/9/02 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, done lots of reading, laughed alot, learned a little, built, on the Road and undergoing what the pro's call "continual product development" ie fixing bits that fall off!!
Dunc

posted on 10/9/02 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
one third the way through three, so does that count as one?
mad_skillz

posted on 10/9/02 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
havnt started yet, got to learn more, actually make a decision on what to do, then i can start. I realy am confused what to do?
scutter

posted on 10/9/02 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Well on the way, just needing that old cash stuff and for work to stop F*****G me about.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wicket

posted on 11/9/02 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hoping to be finished major work earlier in the new year & on the road next spring.
James

posted on 11/9/02 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Chassis 60/70% done (had to stop for three month whilst college on holiday ).
Donor stuff 90% cleaned and painted etc. Just gotta paint g'box and diff and remember how to reassemble the engine!

So, some progress is being made- pity I'm now thinking about starting my chassis again!
This time I'd like a non-warped one please!

James

Cheffy

posted on 11/9/02 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Have tacked up bottom chassis rails and have just started stripping donor. I didn't want to go too far with the chassis until I had the donor parts handy so I could check measurements.

Haven't done many posts, but I check this site every day for updates. It's an excellent site, especially for novices like me. With a bit of searching I've found the answers to most of my questions hence haven't needed to do many posts.

What I would say is a big thanx to the regular 'posters' for the help, it would have been much more difficult otherwise.....keep up the good work guys!

I have set up a simple web site at http://mysite.freeserve.com/cheffy

Oh, and talking of web sites, thanks to Chris W especially for all the hard work which benefits all of us.

Cheers, Mart.

Findlay234

posted on 11/9/02 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
well im a newbie.

ive had the book for a few weeks and only just started working. im taking a gap year b4 uni you see. so im getting some cash. im gonna start burning my cash.......... oops i mean start 'my build' next week after the donington show. to get some inspiration there. ive been doing D+T at school and im off to do a mech eng course at uni.so you see its not as tho everyone just isnt contributing. my number of posts is only this small because im brand new to the scene.

on another note, i greatly say thanks to all the experienced builders in the forum who help with the ideas and solutions to the majority of problems.

kingr

posted on 11/9/02 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Been reading the site for a little while now, only made one post. Just trying to save up, find a donor, find somewhere to build it, learn to weld, etc etc etc.

Kingr

gjn200

posted on 11/9/02 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm off to buy my chassis from Tiger at their open day on the 22nd (anyone else going?) but theres a 2 month waiting list
Roeland Uitslager

posted on 11/9/02 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Well to be honest I haven't started yet. It depends on finishing my current Morris Minor Van project (Well it's my brother in law actually), because then there is a 7x7m space with all the equipment, like welding gear, etc. availible.

Highcost builder

posted on 11/9/02 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
yes not mucking about chassis done engine in and running bodywork done wiring almost there just brakes and few other bits to do ready in 6 weeks ish started in may this year.
MrFluffy

posted on 12/9/02 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Im rebuilding a kitcar (nova/sterling) based on a beetle chassis, and Ive decided that Its time to get rid of the bits I dont like (chassis, transaxle, steering etc) and fabricate my own square tube chassis with a renault transaxle.
Lots of ideas on here, about donors for uprights, chassis fabrication etc.
Im mainly lurking because lots of what Im doing isnt applicable to others..
Not everybody is doing a locost

Alan B

posted on 12/9/02 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
....what Im doing isnt applicable to others..
Not everybody is doing a locost

Yeah, me too
But, there is still plenty to learn here, and to contribute to.

My car is not a book locost, but like everyone here, I don't have a bottomless pit of cash So, there's always plenty of good money saving info.

http://www.desicodesign.com/meerkat/

David Jenkins

posted on 12/9/02 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Still building...

Electrics next - waiting to see if I get to Donnington, and can get various switches and lights.

Look at the photo archive to see how far I've got!

David

bass

posted on 12/9/02 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
half way there on second one, got all the bits just got 4 adj coil overs with springs for £200 brand new. made sus, rear m/gaurds,front m/gaurds, nose cone, no rush drive about in my other one
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.