Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ETB Digi dash
rdodger

posted on 12/10/11 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
ETB Digi dash

I am researching a digidash.

Quick question.

It uses a magnetic speed sensor. Can I use the speed sensor from my donor MX5 and calibrate it on the digidash?

Cheers

RK

posted on 12/10/11 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I have one, but I don't think you can do that. just follow the procedure and glue on the magnets to the propshaftand use their sensor. Way easier. Mine was one of the easiest things I ever did on the the car: just made a bracket and screwed that into the tunnel tubes and attached the sensor. Works great.
loggyboy

posted on 12/10/11 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Surely it must be programable in some way to suit different tyre sizes?
rdodger

posted on 12/10/11 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
It is programable for tyre size. Looking at the istructions you just put the tyre size in.

I guess I may as well use what they provide.

gingerprince

posted on 13/10/11 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
i think the key question is whether the Mazda sensor signals in the same way as the digidash, ie pull to gnd, +12v etc? If they do that the same way then you should be ok. Should be easier than for example using a 3rd party pressure or temp gauge since the resistance range will be specific to each application.
Tiger Super Six

posted on 13/10/11 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Just phone ETB and ask?????????

Mark

Tiger Avon

russbost

posted on 13/10/11 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
It will almost certainly depend on what frequency the processor is capable of handling.
Acewells can cope with either 100Hz or 7000Hz, hence the cheaper ones (sub £110) won't work with OE sensors which use higher frequencies, whereas the faster processor will

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
thefreak

posted on 13/10/11 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
I thought the MX5 speedo was mechanical?
The Mk1 I've got is anyway

loggyboy

posted on 13/10/11 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if he still makes them, but I bought a pulse converter from this chap when I fitted my Elise/VX220 dials in to my Nova.

http://www.picbits.co.uk/

Its a basic site, but the chaps knowledge of electronics is spot on, the pulse converters used to beunder the gadgets, but are not shown on the site now, but he may make one to order, worth an email or post on his forum.

rdodger

posted on 13/10/11 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thefreak
I thought the MX5 speedo was mechanical?
The Mk1 I've got is anyway

Mk2

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.