Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: projector beam lights
evo3500

posted on 27/8/04 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
projector beam lights

Hello can anybody help,I am building a MK GT1 it has very liliitle room for headlights as the wheel and tyre run very close to the back of the front wing,so lighting units can not be very deep.When i was at harrogate there was a westfiled xtr2 there it had 2 very small projector beam lights i assume 1 is used for dip beam and the other for main beam /flash as it had a seperate side light,on close inspection they appear to be made by raydot and are e marked and only about 60mm diametre approx.they are black with a dome projector lens and are mounted on a u bracket so can be swivelled left and right and up and down to set up the beam pattern can anybody tell me where i can get these from or something similar .
Also is true that a projector beam has no beam pattern,but the beam pattern is done by the type of bulb fitted,so as long as a suitable bulb can be fitted a drive or fog lamp with projector beam lens could be converted into headlamps ?
Any help on the above would be appreciated .
Thanks.

Simon.

Hellfire

posted on 27/8/04 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Ison

IMHO the best bloke to talk to is Mr Jon Ison...

He has a GT1 and it's even got the lights you speak of...

Mark Allanson

posted on 27/8/04 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
There is usually a metal shoud behind the lens to give the beam patern. We broke up loads from broken headlamps to make geeky glasses for a works fancy dress wee up!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mark Allanson

posted on 27/8/04 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't say wee up!, I said P!SS UP

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Jon Ison

posted on 27/8/04 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
gonna take a few pics n mail em 2-morrow........

The dip as a pattern that the MOT man liked, the main is just from the reflector, you can see the bulb, (you cant see the bulb on the dip unit) it allso as the side light in it.

Not drove much in the dark yet but there light years infront of the seald beam units i had on the 7.

I got mine from mmmmmmm, cant remember name, is it Stafford or somebody, in between M42 n A38, lichfield way, somebody help..........

Hellfire

posted on 27/8/04 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Jon - SVC me thinks

Jon Ison

posted on 28/8/04 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
thankyou............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.