Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: luego relay pack?
stu205

posted on 18/11/04 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
luego relay pack?

hi guys

I cheeted and got a luego loom and relay pack and im off to raid the scrappers at weekend does anyone know what age sierra im looking for so i can swipe the stalks or does it not make a great deal of difference??

cheers
Stu

nick205

posted on 18/11/04 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
If you're going to use relays for the lights etc then you should be able to use any Sierra stalks. Ford did manage to change the wire colours several times during production, so you may need to do some figuring out with a multimeter to get the connections right.

When you get the stalks make sure you get all the connectors with a good length od wire to work with. This will make it easier when fitting in your car.

HTH

Nick

Dave J

posted on 18/11/04 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
I've wired the Luego loom/relays to my 1991 vintage sierre column. The colour coding on the loom info bares little resemblance to my column switches so I guess a little help with your AVO may be required if your colour code is different.
The loom is well labelled so any sierra column should be ok.

BTW as I've no windscreen or wipers to worry about, I've wired the horn to the washer switch on the end of the RH column stalk. Works a treat.

Best of luck.

Dave

theconrodkid

posted on 18/11/04 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
frauds changed their switch layout,later?switched to earth so if the loom is for earlier cars it wont werk

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

planetester

posted on 18/11/04 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
hi, remember that the relays are controlled by earthing there coils thro the headlight switch so dip & main beam work are earths, side lights work as usual.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.