Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: stoneleigh car sale
kentmagpie

posted on 4/5/15 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
stoneleigh car sale

Unfortunately i didn't go to Stoneleigh this year. I'm assuming there were a number of cars for sale? Anyone get any pics or remember any decent cars for sale. Really struggling to find a car to buy.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 4/5/15 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
There wasn't many cars for sale at all unless I missed some !
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
DazBam

posted on 4/5/15 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Went over today, didn't take the MK as didn't look too clever in weather. The sales section wasn't so great there was this; http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291446900960 MNR Vortx it's a BEC. Looked quite smart however if I'm brutally honest pictures do it justice unfortunately but that was it! There were however a few owners cars in the groups section that looked very nice, there was a tiger going for 5500 and looked an absolute steal! Father in law was very tempted by it! Was running a BEC Can't remember what engine though!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 4/5/15 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
Went over today, didn't take the MK as didn't look too clever in weather. The sales section wasn't so great there was this; http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291446900960 MNR Vortx it's a BEC. Looked quite smart however if I'm brutally honest pictures do it justice unfortunately but that was it! There were however a few owners cars in the groups section that looked very nice, there was a tiger going for 5500 and looked an absolute steal! Father in law was very tempted by it! Was running a BEC Can't remember what engine though!


Bloody hell good work

Would love the mnr but haven't got 15k to spend. I'm looking around 9k so the tiger fits well in the budget. A certain Mr bates put me off tigers years ago telling me they were the worst designed 7 style cars

Thanks for the reply

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
DazBam

posted on 4/5/15 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think it would be fair for me to say anymore about the MNR..

9k is still a good budget, there's a few MK's on eBay at the moment that are in budget that look good, have u seen them?

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 4/5/15 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
I don't think it would be fair for me to say anymore about the MNR..

9k is still a good budget, there's a few MK's on eBay at the moment that are in budget that look good, have u seen them?


I've been tracking all sites religiously but nothing is floating my boat. You might have seen from previous posts that I really want a late r1 engine car but they're literally non existent. I've owned 3 bec's now and I'm now becoming very picky as to what I want

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
DazBam

posted on 4/5/15 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291443666412 that one any good to you? Doesn't say what year engine it is but may be worth contacting to find out?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kev super 6

posted on 4/5/15 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Got a Fury if your interested, it's on Pistonheads at mo
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 4/5/15 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291443666412 that one any good to you? Doesn't say what year engine it is but may be worth contacting to find out?


Mate I have seen this and even approached the seller to find its running a very early r1 engine. I'm trying to locate a post 2009 lump, the big bang crossplane crank version. As I said earlier though I've never seen one for sale. I am also contemplating a CEC but went to see a mk indy St 170 and it was dog poo which put me off a bit. Something turbo'd would defo grab my attention

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 4/5/15 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kev super 6
Got a Fury if your interested, it's on Pistonheads at mo


Don't hold me to this but im sure we've had this convo before. Is it blue and carrying a 1000rr engine?

If it is the one it sounds a superb piece of kit for the dosh but a fury really isn't my cup of tea (hope i haven't offended). Good luck selling. In fact I'm well surprised it hasn't sold already

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
kev super 6

posted on 4/5/15 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Not offended mate, if it's not what you want. Not a lot selling in the kit car market at mo
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
skidude88

posted on 4/5/15 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
early mk dedion cbr1000 for sale - stoneleigh

My early mk, dedion cbr1000 was in the sale room.

Will be posting full details on here later\tomorrow





Early MK de-Dion CBR1000 FJ-FP.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 4/5/15 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kev super 6
Not offended mate, if it's not what you want. Not a lot selling in the kit car market at mo


It'll go though, I mean a 1000rr package setup by AB = wow

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 4/5/15 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skidude88
My early mk, dedion cbr1000 was in the sale room.

Will be posting full details on here latertomorrow


Ok ill keep my eyes peeled

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
JacksAvon

posted on 4/5/15 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

A certain Mr bates put me off tigers years ago telling me they were the worst designed 7 style cars



If that quote is meant to have come from Andy bates of AB Performance, I would be surprised.
Andy is normally more generous with his views of the opposition, no matter how distant.

Having owned several and driven even more kits, by far the worst was a Robin Hood S7.
it had the torsional rigidity of soup.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 4/5/15 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JacksAvon
quote:

A certain Mr bates put me off tigers years ago telling me they were the worst designed 7 style cars



If that quote is meant to have come from Andy bates of AB Performance, I would be surprised.
Andy is normally more generous with his views of the opposition, no matter how distant.

Having owned several and driven even more kits, by far the worst was a Robin Hood S7.
it had the torsional rigidity of soup.


Let's clear this up. I phoned him up probably around 5 years ago just before I bought my first kit car, trying to get advice on bec's. I gave him some variants of cars that I liked which included mk, Mac, raw, mnr and tiger and out of those suggestions he warned me off tigers telling me they were the worst of that bunch. There's obviously loads of other manufacturers i didn't mention but he said something of that nature. Can't remember word for word as it was around 5 years ago.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
Barkalarr
Contributor






Posts 881
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex
Member Is Offline

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 4/5/15 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I sold my Caterham Roadsport 120 yesterday - no sooner did I put a for sale sign in the window a bloke was there straight away. He came and collected it today and drove it back from TOWIE to Tamworth.
I had 3 other people text me (kinda makes me think it was too cheap) but hey... roll on a new toy !!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 5/5/15 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
I don't think it would be fair for me to say anymore about the MNR..

9k is still a good budget, there's a few MK's on eBay at the moment that are in budget that look good, have u seen them?


I've been tracking all sites religiously but nothing is floating my boat. You might have seen from previous posts that I really want a late r1 engine car but they're literally non existent. I've owned 3 bec's now and I'm now becoming very picky as to what I want


Build one then

The amount of time you've spent posting threads on here moaning about the cars for sale you coukd have made a good start on a build!!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 5/5/15 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
I don't think it would be fair for me to say anymore about the MNR..

9k is still a good budget, there's a few MK's on eBay at the moment that are in budget that look good, have u seen them?


I've been tracking all sites religiously but nothing is floating my boat. You might have seen from previous posts that I really want a late r1 engine car but they're literally non existent. I've owned 3 bec's now and I'm now becoming very picky as to what I want


Build one then

The amount of time you've spent posting threads on here moaning about the cars for sale you coukd have made a good start on a build!!


Very true but imo I can buy a second hand one for cheaper than I can build one in some cases a lot cheaper

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 5/5/15 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
I don't think it would be fair for me to say anymore about the MNR..

9k is still a good budget, there's a few MK's on eBay at the moment that are in budget that look good, have u seen them?


I've been tracking all sites religiously but nothing is floating my boat. You might have seen from previous posts that I really want a late r1 engine car but they're literally non existent. I've owned 3 bec's now and I'm now becoming very picky as to what I want


Build one then

The amount of time you've spent posting threads on here moaning about the cars for sale you coukd have made a good start on a build!!


Very true but imo I can buy a second hand one for cheaper than I can build one in some cases a lot cheaper


true, but if your not happy with the cars after a short time (as you've shown with the length of time u keep them)you would be better building to your spec/quality and perhaps then you would be happy!!!

[Edited on 5/5/15 by CosKev3]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 5/5/15 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
I don't think it would be fair for me to say anymore about the MNR..

9k is still a good budget, there's a few MK's on eBay at the moment that are in budget that look good, have u seen them?


I've been tracking all sites religiously but nothing is floating my boat. You might have seen from previous posts that I really want a late r1 engine car but they're literally non existent. I've owned 3 bec's now and I'm now becoming very picky as to what I want


Build one then

The amount of time you've spent posting threads on here moaning about the cars for sale you coukd have made a good start on a build!!


Very true but imo I can buy a second hand one for cheaper than I can build one in some cases a lot cheaper


true, but if your not happy with the cars after a short time (as you've shown with the length of time u keep them)you would be better building to your spec/quality and perhaps then you would be happy!!!

[Edited on 5/5/15 by CosKev3]


Even if I built it myself I'd still probably won't be happy

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 5/5/15 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
I don't think it would be fair for me to say anymore about the MNR..

9k is still a good budget, there's a few MK's on eBay at the moment that are in budget that look good, have u seen them?


I've been tracking all sites religiously but nothing is floating my boat. You might have seen from previous posts that I really want a late r1 engine car but they're literally non existent. I've owned 3 bec's now and I'm now becoming very picky as to what I want


Build one then

The amount of time you've spent posting threads on here moaning about the cars for sale you coukd have made a good start on a build!!


Very true but imo I can buy a second hand one for cheaper than I can build one in some cases a lot cheaper


true, but if your not happy with the cars after a short time (as you've shown with the length of time u keep them)you would be better building to your spec/quality and perhaps then you would be happy!!!

[Edited on 5/5/15 by CosKev3]


Even if I built it myself I'd still probably won't be happy


ha ha, oh I see now, your a female!!!!!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 5/5/15 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by kentmagpie
quote:
Originally posted by DazBam
I don't think it would be fair for me to say anymore about the MNR..

9k is still a good budget, there's a few MK's on eBay at the moment that are in budget that look good, have u seen them?


I've been tracking all sites religiously but nothing is floating my boat. You might have seen from previous posts that I really want a late r1 engine car but they're literally non existent. I've owned 3 bec's now and I'm now becoming very picky as to what I want


Build one then

The amount of time you've spent posting threads on here moaning about the cars for sale you coukd have made a good start on a build!!


Very true but imo I can buy a second hand one for cheaper than I can build one in some cases a lot cheaper


true, but if your not happy with the cars after a short time (as you've shown with the length of time u keep them)you would be better building to your spec/quality and perhaps then you would be happy!!!

[Edited on 5/5/15 by CosKev3]


Even if I built it myself I'd still probably won't be happy


ha ha, oh I see now, your a female!!!!!


Haha come to think of it my wife says I have female tendencies

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 5/5/15 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
If you're set on a flat plane R1 I think you're going to have to either build your own or do an engine swap. There are very few cars with that motor. I've only seen one and that was in a YouTube video. Never seen one in the flesh or hearn of any others. Certainly not enough about that you can be choosey.





"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kentmagpie

posted on 5/5/15 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
If you're set on a flat plane R1 I think you're going to have to either build your own or do an engine swap. There are very few cars with that motor. I've only seen one and that was in a YouTube video. Never seen one in the flesh or hearn of any others. Certainly not enough about that you can be choosey.


I only have a 9k budget and basically think that I can't buy or build the car I want so might have to compromise on the engine. Unless somebody cam tell me a genius way of building or engine swapping an r1 big bang for less than 9k?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.