Author: Subject: Lidl tools
Myke 2463

posted on 12/9/15 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Lidl tools

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=640

Be Lucky Mike.

Slimy38

posted on 12/9/15 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
I have a few of those, they're pretty good. Problem is they're paired with a woefully inadequate compressor, so for example the impact wrench gives maybe half a dozen thumps before the compressor has to recharge.
dave_424

posted on 12/9/15 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Digital tyre inflator and air hose reel looks good, might have to get them
Toys2

posted on 12/9/15 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Would anyone know if the orbital sander would be good as a polisher for car paintwork?......
......with the right pads

mazie

posted on 17/9/15 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
are theese compressors really that bad? Im sorely tempted to buy one today and the local lidl at work only have a handful in... Id only be using it for the odd bit of spraying, air line for cleaning carbs etc , if so what size should I look for?
Irony

posted on 17/9/15 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
The compressors are okay if you are using them correctly. Tools that use a lot of air such as sanders, blowers, sprayers, drills, saws etc will be rubbish!!! If you use tools that require a burst of high pressure air such as air pop riveters, nailers, or possibly low volume sprayers such as powder coating guns they will be great.
emwmarine

posted on 17/9/15 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
The compressors are fine for the power output. I've had one for 4 years and sprayed a number of cars. They do run power tools but 25litres of air runs out quickly. At some stage i'll be going for a 5hp 100 ltr compressor but in the meantime great value for money.

Building a Dax Rush.

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/9/15 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
or do what others have done and link it up to a big old propane bottle as an extra air reservoir. For my underseal sprayer I used a 19kg bottle and that takes a long time for the air pressure to run down, I think the largest normal size is 47kg or apparently 108 litres volume. The cylinders are virtually given away, I have several in the garage nobody wanted or just have a look where travellers have been for free cylinders! Very simple to hook up to a compressor.

[Edited on 17/9/15 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GeoffT

posted on 30/9/15 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Remember to keep the receipts for the warrantied items from Lidl, they do actually honour these warranties.

Just recently had the charger go iffy on a two year old Lidl cordless drill, they replaced it without question, also a couple of other items in the past too.

mazie

posted on 30/9/15 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
didn't get the compressor .... we have bought a couple of their li-ion drills ( made by atlas copco im told) its a shame they don't sell the spare batteries at the same time.

The lidl kitchen appliances are made by De'longhi.

Vmax1974

posted on 10/10/15 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Some more coming up next week http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=27509 I have a power file from lidl can't fault it
Staple balls

posted on 10/10/15 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Oddly enough, aldi are doing the same.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-15-oct/product-detail/ps/p/bench-grinder-assortment/

Just noticed they have the work trousers on again, bloody brilliant for the money, and pleasantly sized for fatties.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.