Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where would you go?
SteveWallace

posted on 4/8/16 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Where would you go?

Another trip out in the Viento and caught in another summer torrential downpour, plus driving on some of our A and B roads is more like rally driving.

Where would you emigrate to with your kit and why?

SJ

posted on 4/8/16 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Cataluna. Beach and Pyrenees, and not too far from home.
adithorp

posted on 4/8/16 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
Cataluna. Beach and Pyrenees, and not too far from home.

Great winding grippy roads, great weather, no traffic.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

belgian2b

posted on 4/8/16 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Go anywhere you want except here in Belgium

Gerardo

David Jenkins

posted on 4/8/16 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
For the roads, I'd go for New South Wales, Australia - lovely open roads with sweeping curves, wonderful scenery, and so on. However, I'd have to set that against their low speed limits and super-keen enforcement... which would kill all the fun quite quickly.

LBMEFM

posted on 4/8/16 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
New Zealand without hesitation, just love it.
rusty nuts

posted on 4/8/16 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for New Zealand , some amazing scenery with great driving roads , not a lot of traffic and they have a law that means if your holding traffic up behind you have to let them pass. Plus some pretty good activities for adrenaline junkies
SJ

posted on 4/8/16 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
A bit further afield I'd be tempted by California for the weather and scenery , but have never driven out there.

[Edited on 4/8/16 by SJ]

Irony

posted on 4/8/16 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
New Zealand. South Island, West coast. Great sweeping roads, with sun, sea, sand and glaciers. And I stopped in a town where the local cop was also a taxi.
britishtrident

posted on 4/8/16 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Northern Italy ---great roads, great scennery and property prices surprisingly cheap, they were even cheaper in May before the Pound got the rug pulled out from under it.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

twybrow

posted on 4/8/16 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Corsica. Awesome mountain roads, great food, awesome beaches. Nuf said.
WanchaiWarrior

posted on 5/8/16 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Another vote for New Zealand , some amazing scenery with great driving roads , not a lot of traffic and they have a law that means if your holding traffic up behind you have to let them pass. Plus some pretty good activities for adrenaline junkies

And get done for 106km/h in a 100 zone. None of that 10% + 2 over this side of the world

LBMEFM

posted on 5/8/16 at 02:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WanchaiWarrior
quote:

And get done for 106km/h in a 100 zone. None of that 10% + 2 over this side of the world

For: Smooth roads, nice predictable weather, stunning scenery, incredible beaches,warm seas, whale watching, amazing places to visit, great choice of beautiful quiet areas or fun night life, really nice local people, low population, little congestion, good food, great classic car enthusiast scene, minimum speed limit

Against: Speeding tickets

Mmmm... yep, New Zealand is still my choice

David Jenkins

posted on 5/8/16 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WanchaiWarrior
quote:

My son got caught twice when he was there - by traffic police driving in the opposite direction. He wasn't expecting that! He got away with it both times by playing the "ignorant tourist" card... fortunately he wasn't much over the limit, otherwise he probably would have been fined.

loggyboy

posted on 5/8/16 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
I can live with pot holes. Happy with the UK roads and weather. Allthough thats because Im Tintop'ed at mo - once (if ever) I get striker done im sure my opinion will change.

Mistral Motorsport

morcus

posted on 5/8/16 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm pretty sure we have a law that says that in the UK too, googles says its 169 of the highway code and according to this article you can get 9 points for it.

Another vote for the Good old UK and surrounding Islands.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Hodor

posted on 5/8/16 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Right now I'm in asturias in northern spain, the roads are perfect for a kit car. Everywhere you look there are mountains and the roads just off the main motorways are just a never ending series of bends. I've even been researching how much it costs to take a car over on the ferry from Portsmouth to santander since i got here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.