Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Readings from smart meters?
nick205

posted on 24/8/16 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Readings from smart meters?

Morning all,

I'm in the process of switching gas/electric supplier and have been asked to provide meter readings. We have "smart" meters, which the supplier can obtain readings from remotely, but I'd like to check and make a note of the readings anyway.

Currently the LCD displays on both meters are blank so my question is how do I get readings from them?

Help would be much appreciated thanks!

Nick

nick205

posted on 24/8/16 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
OK - some Googling appears to have answered this one - will give it a go tonight and see if it works

Slimy38

posted on 24/8/16 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Erm, you push the green button next to the display? Then it all lights up and you can read all the numbers.
BenB

posted on 24/8/16 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Are you able to change with a smart meter whilst retaining the "smart" feature? I thought currently different suppliers were unable to read competitor's smart meters meaning people had to manually read it.
loggyboy

posted on 24/8/16 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
are they not wifi - i thought they all had apps available?

Mistral Motorsport

nick205

posted on 24/8/16 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
The web suggests pushing buttons in a certain sequence to "wake" the reading on the display.

Slimy38

posted on 24/8/16 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Are you able to change with a smart meter whilst retaining the "smart" feature? I thought currently different suppliers were unable to read competitor's smart meters meaning people had to manually read it.

The plan is that they can all read each others, courtesy of https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/. But only recently it was delayed until the Autumn, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37102725.

How that relates to the OP I don't know.

coozer

posted on 24/8/16 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
They have a sim card and use mobile technology?????

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

hearbear

posted on 24/8/16 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

They will be fooked in my house once we have to get it fitted as struggle to get a mobile signal on any network in the house.

3.9Ltr SSC Stylus should be fun

v8kid

posted on 25/8/16 at 04:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hearbear
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

They will be fooked in my house once we have to get it fitted as struggle to get a mobile signal on any network in the house.

Nope we have one and the mobile signal strength is poo. They can be fitted with booster antenna but ours still does not need that despite no mobile reception on any carrier. Like another poster said the supplier could not read the blessed meter until recently due to a software glitch which resulted in a nasty bill for outstanding leccy _ ouch!
Cheers

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 25/8/16 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by BenB

The plan is that they can all read each others, courtesy of https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/. But only recently it was delayed until the Autumn, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37102725.

How that relates to the OP I don't know.

Guess I was flagging up to the OP that they might lose their smart meter function.....

nick205

posted on 25/8/16 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feedback chaps - another task for the weekend to try and read the ones we have.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.