Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Collaborative Wiring Attempt
Ron Lang

posted on 3/1/17 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Collaborative Wiring Attempt

OK. Don't know if this will work but I'm going to give it a go.

Firstly, thanks for all the help I have received so far on my engine harness task. I've been on a lot of forums and its rare you get a bunch of people who are genuinely interested in helping rather than territory marking!

So I have created a google sheet which shows what I have learnt so far. I have the emerald pin-outs from the manual and the GBS chassis loom connections from GBS. I have then done my best using your advice, the existing harness and many many hours head scratching to list out all the connection from the harness to the ECU and loom. Unfortunately there are still quite a few gaps and also some bits I'm not sure I have right. I laosh ave no idea what the cable colours should actually be.

So, through the power of Google I'm hoping we can all chip in and fill in the gaps where possible. Some gaps cannot be completed and will require testing to diagnose. Be warned - I have noted the cable colours immediately leaving each connector terminal but I'm not 100% confident these accurate.

See link below to the sheet. You should be able to comment on the sheet but I've not given permission to edit as it will be too difficult to track what people have changed. Perhaps put a note on here if you've had a look.

Lets see if it works....

GBS Zero Engine Harness Plan

rusty nuts

posted on 3/1/17 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
While using a standard colour wire for any given application it doesn't really matter what colours the wires are as long as you know what wire does what . So make a note what you use

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.