Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Converting a megajolt from tps to map
Shooter63

posted on 17/1/17 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Converting a megajolt from tps to map

Do any of you guys know how to convert a megajolt v4 from tps to map sensor, I've got the little sensor that fits on the board and just seems a solder on job, but is there anything else I need to Do?

Shooter

r1_pete

posted on 18/1/17 at 01:38 AM Reply With Quote
I did this a few years ago, there was a kit available, it included the vacuum sensor, and a couple of replacement components, best thing to do is contact Autosport Labs and see if the kit / instructions are still available,
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 18/1/17 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
one of the reasons they stopped selling MJ as a DIY kit is that the V4 design was updated to use surface mounted components which are harder to work with
but for a very short time the V4 was available as a DIY kit (before they decided too many people had issues building them) and the V4 assembly instructions are actually still on the wiki (but the link has been removed)
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide

^^ that link will give you the details of the parts etc - but here is the guide on converting them from the horses mouth:
https://forum.autosportlabs.com/viewtopic.php?p=10986&sid=01d99e055e98b5f66106160c18c10f87

As I understand it you can't run TPS and MAP at the same time, you need to at least disable one of them - but the autosportlabs forum is the best place to get more advice on how to do it

But I'd ask do you really need to change it / is it worth the hassle ?
quote:
If you can get a stable vacuum reading, MAP sensing is generally considered to be superior as it more closely measures the actual load on the engine. However, TPS still works fine

[Edited on 18/1/2017 by mcerd1]

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.