New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EPS or not to EPS
Huttojb

posted on 11/8/17 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
EPS or not to EPS

All.

Some of you might know my progress so far.. if you don't here is a link

My Previous Post

I have been on and off my car for a few years now, I brought it built and wanted to do something that interest me, Over the last few years (Took a lot longer then expected due to life and wedding and that) I have ripped out most of my electronics and re-wired my vehicle.

The vehicle is on a CANbus, which allowed monitoring of any signal you want and graphing the results. This will allow a lap in the car to be monitored, seeing when and where the brake is pressed, the clutch, angle of steering wheel, speed and RPM on a corner, etc.... You can see where I'm going with this!!!

Well, I fitted an EPS to my Tiger and was going to see if it was something I would like to market... I have a lot of interest in EPS and understand them a fair bit. I fit them to F1 Boat Racing with a real success.

F1 Boat

I would like to see people opinion and see if anyone would like to fit it in to there vehicle at Cost. The Cost to me is around £100 to supply the EPS and Electronics. My issue is that every person who builds there car picks the speed up in a different manner, causing either a configuration option to be used or a communication to the customer and the software written specific.

Just throwing the conversation out there to see anyone's interest.

Jason
]

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.

If only DEAD people understand hexadecimal - 57,005

gremlin1234

posted on 11/8/17 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
eps?
electric/electronic power steering?

edit
ps 2153

[Edited on 11/8/17 by gremlin1234]

Huttojb

posted on 11/8/17 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
eps?
electric/electronic power steering?

edit
ps 2153

[Edited on 11/8/17 by gremlin1234]

Yes. An electric power steering system that can be tuned if required.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.

If only DEAD people understand hexadecimal - 57,005

coyoteboy

posted on 12/8/17 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
I may be wrong, but I think people like the lack of power steering (unless injured or struggle for some reason) because of the increased feedback and precise feel. I can't imagine anyone wanting to add weight and complexity to lose feel. Once moving at more than a mile an hour or two there's really no need for power steering, even on most tin-tops.

loggyboy

posted on 12/8/17 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I think more modern eps sytems are offering better feedback these days. However going between my 2 clios (2004 182 with hydraulic and 2007 197 with EPS) the 182 feels so much more positive and more connected. I wouldnt be bothered with eps on a fast road/track oriented kit, so unless its heavy or a car used for more relaxing or day to day driving cant see uptake being hugely positive.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.