Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sketch up for Window XP
Mr Whippy

posted on 16/2/18 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Sketch up for Window XP

My laptop has windows XP on it which I'm very happy with and have no inclination to update

However I did have sketch up on it (I have autocad too) but it asked to do an update only then tell me XP & Vista were no longer supported and now it doesn't work great job google...thanks a bunch!!!

I've been trying to find a download of the older XP version to reinstall but have not managed to find one that looks genuine, this quite annoying as it was working fine and I used it a lot (house designs)

Any ideas? also if I updated windows my autocad would not work and I use the even more than sketchup

Cheers

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 16/2/18 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
I’m looking for a download for windows 10 - it’s wanting me to use the web based too and I don’t want that.
loggyboy

posted on 16/2/18 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
It hasnt been owned by google for years. Its Trimble now. What version were you using?
To be fair XP is SO old now you should be looking at using 7 at least. Its like complaining you cant get 4star any more.Or run 2 pcs with XP on one and a newer version on the other. Your autocad must be ancient also, as thats been 7+ dependant for 3 years.

[Edited on 16-2-18 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/2/18 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
my landys 36 years old and also also soooo old but it does its job just fine, not going to buy a new one just cos its old

my laptop was designed for vista and ran like a pig on that, runs very well indeed on XP for what I need and would be slower on a later version of windows. The autocad I have I know very well and is ideal for what I require as was sketchup

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
McLannahan

posted on 16/2/18 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Whipster - Have you tried OldVersion.com?

Really useful for old software that's still very functional but been pulled for a newer "better" version!

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/google-sketchup/

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/2/18 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
Hi Whipster - Have you tried OldVersion.com?

Really useful for old software that's still very functional but been pulled for a newer "better" version!

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/google-sketchup/

oh.... no I'd never seen that site thanks very much

dmrider_10

posted on 20/2/18 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Just for info, windows vista is widely know as microsofts biggest f**k up. Windows 7 is superb and stable and will run way way better than the vista it was designed for and most likely better than your XP too

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.