Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Formula 27 1660 for sale
02GF74

posted on 14/8/18 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Formula 27 1660 for sale

Formula 27 for sale. 12 months Mot.
Registered on W age related plate in 2007..
1214 miles (as you can see not driven much)
1660 cc crossflow, 1300 pistons with twin dellorto 40s.
Ported head with large inlet and exhaust valves.
15 in alloy wheels with Falken tyres.
Spax coil overs all round, custom rears.

Will come with original 1300 engine..
Overall good condition but is let down by the paint work.

South Herts.

£4000.

[Edited on 14/8/18 by 02GF74]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

02GF74

posted on 14/8/18 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
.. And the engine bay photos, note alloy radiator and gates drive for alternator and water pump.

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/8/18 at 06:03 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm I think you have undervalued it, I think £5500 would be more like it

Registered, MOT'd with 12 months & low miles, looks well sorted. Paint finish is a very minor issue on these cars as it can be touched up with a can.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 15/8/18 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
I'd say that's priced right for a very quick sale, you could defo make more of it if prepared to hang for a while, unfortunately people are like sheep & won't see the Kent engine as a bonus, best selling season is heading towards its end, depends how quickly you want to sell.

I would agree, for many people the paint isn't really an issue as long as the car looks fairly tidy from 10 feet away

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/8/18 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
If that was mine I'd be totally delighted with it, sadly I can't cough up even the 4k for it
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 24/9/18 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
… well this was spectaculary unsuccessful it's on Pistonheads

- anywhere else that is good? Autotrader? Gumtree? Exchange and Mart?

Avoiding ebay for now - anyone have experience of selling a car there, what are the charges?

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/18 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
amazing you are struggling to sell it, perhaps you left it a bit late in the year, if you can I'd hold onto it till spring

a few observations -

1) paint the headlights black, the rusty chrome looks awful
2) get some matching red model paint and a little brush and touch up all those paint chips, cost a couple of quid and will make the car look much better in the photos
3) don't say the paint is bad, just don't mention it
4) don't say you hardly use it , more "will miss it hugely super fun car with pure seat of your pants motoring!! All the thrills without the cost! its a total bargain!! "

Ebay sucks btw, they charge heaps for commissioning, gumtree is far better

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/18 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
For sale - Caterham/Lotus 7 style sports car

Fun fast 2 seat sports car based on the famous Lotus race car, fitted with a tuned & ported Ford 1600 engine, twin carbs & high flow tubular exhaust, custom alloy rad, oil catch tank & matching red silicon hoses throughout.

Well finished interior with great seats and race harnesses with a pure race car feel. Fitted with a full roll bar it’s ready for the track and serious fun. Easy to maintain without complex electronics it’s a driving enthusiasts dream.

All correctly registered, 12 months MOT, low miles a total bargain at £4000!

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 25/9/18 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

Avoiding ebay for now - anyone have experience of selling a car there, what are the charges?

Not 'selling', but I have some experience of listing on Ebay. No, unlike most my expectations were not unreasonable (some are quite comical), but the number of scammers was considerable. The car 'sold' several times, with several 'purchaser' no-shows, one 'show' and that transpired to be someone wanting to sell me a kitchen (eerrr!).

I don't browse 'pistonheads' if that's helpful to you looking for a medium, I can't be alone. There's simply far too much pointless advertising going on in the background.

You've clearly made the decision to sell, you haven't advertised it as a £15,000 'Bargin', so I'm not laughing. What I would suggest, however, is don't listen too much to what other folk think the 'value' of you car is. Listen to the guy that actually turns up at the door with money in his pocket. As I discovered, that quantity of money can be quite shockingly low.

russbost

posted on 25/9/18 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Well, ok, let's get the ball rolling! I have £2500 for it, collect by the end of the week!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
KitCatE1

posted on 25/9/18 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
As above its just the wrong time of the year, will find most are just looking for bargain basement projects for the winter this time of year
Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/18 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Well, ok, let's get the ball rolling! I have £2500 for it, collect by the end of the week!

Ok you've twisted my arm...I'll swap you an orange Fiesta for it comes complete with 'sports engine mounts'...

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 25/9/18 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost

£2510!

Angel Acevedo

posted on 25/9/18 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

If shipping charges were not a killer, I´d buy it..
I think I can afford 4k Pounds for the car, but not with 8 k shipping....
Good luck.
Angel Acevedo

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

02GF74

posted on 26/3/19 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
It's officially spring this weekend so go for it.

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/3/19 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
What you saying you have not sold the car yet?!
02GF74

posted on 26/3/19 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
nope.

had it on pistonheads, 1 person got in touch who was basically expecting Caterham build quality and performance for £ 10k less than Caterham price.

rash12

posted on 26/3/19 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
4 speed or 5 speed please
MartynF

posted on 16/5/19 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, did it sell?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.