Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 3 bar map sensor
Shooter63

posted on 24/12/18 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
3 bar map sensor

The Zetec turbo rebuild is coming along nicely at the moment, with only a couple of dry build bits to complete until the engine and box go back in, so thoughts now go onto ancillary parts, I'm going to need a 3 bar map sensor but not sure which one to use, the Delphi brand GM type was pretty std but it seems they are now made in R.O.C , I just wondered what types you guys use, it's got to be a remote type.

Shooter

big_wasa

posted on 24/12/18 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Do you need 3 bar ?

I am looking at intercooler options at the moment and would love info on what way your going ?

Cheers

Shooter63

posted on 24/12/18 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Do you need 3 bar ?

I am looking at intercooler options at the moment and would love info on what way your going ?

Cheers

I've got quite a big intercooler in, off the top of my head it's 500mm x 300mm x 65mm this should be big enough to cool air for 350bhp, the turbo I'm using tends to make around 24 psi of boost before starting to choke and blow hot air ( 500cfm/320ft/lb) so @ 24psi = 1.6 ish bar build in the safety margin meaning a 3 bar sensor

Happy Christmas

big_wasa

posted on 24/12/18 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
That’s a bit of a monster
If you said 1 bar you can get a genuine ford 2.5bar sensor for reasonable money. I suppose that depends on what ecu you are running.

Is your intercooler somthing you have made or modified or of the shelf ? I am looking for as many options as I can find at the moment with an efficient range of 220~270bhp.

Cheers

Shooter63

posted on 27/12/18 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
That’s a bit of a monster
If you said 1 bar you can get a genuine ford 2.5bar sensor for reasonable money. I suppose that depends on what ecu you are running.

Is your intercooler somthing you have made or modified or of the shelf ? I am looking for as many options as I can find at the moment with an efficient range of 220~270bhp.

Cheers

The ECU is an Emerald which will allow 3 switchable maps, the idea is map 1 normal road going ie low power 2nd map a bit more for those moments and 3rd map for full power, I hope to fit sensors to modulate the power at low speeds to stop to much wheel spin etc if I'm drag racing.
The intercooler was an off the shelf job, I measured it yesterday and it's actually 450mm not 500mm, it fits in quite nicely in a " you will fit in there" sort of a way.
It looks like you have a 7 type car, if so I believe there are a couple of companies that sell a combined unit just for your type of car, I would have used one myself but the intercooler inlet and outlet exit over the top of the rad and I didn't have the height to make it fit within the body, as it is I'm having to cut the bonnet and part of the body away as the turbo sits too high and a bit too close to the existing opening, I'm not too sure if the inlet side is going to touch either, as I'm running jenveys with a GTIR plenum.
I must admit half the fun is getting everything to work and fit

Shooter

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.