Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carb Balancer / Synchrometer wanted
briarswood57

posted on 27/8/19 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Carb Balancer / Synchrometer wanted

Hi there,

Looking for a cheap(ish) carb balancer suitable for 40 DCOEs if anyone has got one they want to move on. Trying to sort the on-going saga of my poorly running crossflow so now trying to verify the carbs are balanced.

PM me with details if you have one for sale.

Many thanks

Andrew

russbost

posted on 27/8/19 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hardly worth trusting a second hand one is it, they are dirt cheap new now

Link

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
briarswood57

posted on 28/8/19 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Looks great thanks. Being able To see 4 at once would be helpful - apologies for the stupid question - will these work with DCOEs? I had always envisaged something that measured from trumpet part.

If you think these will do the job on DCOEs I’ll get a set.

Thanks. Andrew.

briarswood57

posted on 28/8/19 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
Looks great thanks. Being able To see 4 at once would be helpful - apologies for the stupid question - will these work with DCOEs? I had always envisaged something that measured from trumpet part.

If you think these will do the job on DCOEs I’ll get a set.

Thanks. Andrew.

cliftyhanger

posted on 28/8/19 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Not selling, but I have a Morgan carbtune. See all 4 really helps as you can see how adjusting one affects the others.
Some carbs ( dellorto, bike stuff etc,) tends to have a vacuum take off which is ideal. Otherwise drill/tap the manifold to M5 or 6 and use MIG tips as take offs, bolt after to plug.

If you want a single type, plenty of those about, even gunson. But the very best are the old Crypton Synchro Check.

I may have a Gibsons one kicking around the garage, will check later

cliftyhanger

posted on 28/8/19 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Gunsons, not Gibson (flippin autocorrect)
indykid

posted on 28/8/19 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I set the fireblade carbs up on the pinto with a differential manometer made from 6mm polyurethane air hose and a couple of t pieces.

The mainfold vacuum is greater than 7 feet of water at idle (height of garage ceiling) and with a simple manometer to atmosphere, it was slurping all the water out, so I set up a manometer with ends connected between 1 and 2, another between 3 and 4 so any pulsing would be out of phase to stop any resonance, then ran another manometer between 2 and 3 to balance the pairs relative to each other. The whole setup is now balanced within about 1/2" of water overall, far better accuracy than the part to part variation of the calibration of cheap vacuum gauges and better resolution to boot.

I cobbled it together with stuff I had in the garage, but buying the tube and a pair of t pieces, I can't imagine you'd be looking at more than a tenner. It's cable clipped to a piece of 3x2 that sits with the wood store in the corner.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.