Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTF???? Dogging
02GF74

posted on 22/6/20 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
WTF???? Dogging

Yesterday I went down to Surrey for an off road bike ride. I parked on the A31 layby (P) and although I have a GPS unit with my route programmed in, I still managed to go the wrong way.

I went west - you can just about see the path running parallel with the main road and saw a man walking along the path not really dressed for walking. A little bit strange but not unusual.

Further along I see a bike leant against some bushes, again nothing strange but there were clothes on it. I cycled further, checked the GPS unit and turned round. 1 min later I see about 20 m away a man stark bollock naked. Now this is unexpected. Then 1/2 minute later another one and then a motorcyclist wearing nothing under the leather jacket. WTF !?!??!?!

I was going to post on here as to whether to report it to the police but did a quick google and guess what:

VANDALS have struck at a Puttenham beauty spot that previously gained notoriety as a dogging area . <-- linky

Explains it all.

SJ

posted on 22/6/20 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Have to say never seen that before. Was this in the middle of the day?
loggyboy

posted on 22/6/20 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
https://youtu.be/5u4hAxi5b6o

Mistral Motorsport

02GF74

posted on 22/6/20 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
Have to say never seen that before. Was this in the middle of the day?

Trust me you don't want to. I'd say about 3:15 pm.

I'm quite annoyed there were no signs to an indication of what goes on there. My friend - female - went for a walk, but downhill towards the village then sat at the café for about an hour - not the best of places for that although there were no incidents.

As they say "There's nowt so queer as folk".

rusty nuts

posted on 22/6/20 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
We have a local dogging site a couple of miles away , often featured in the local news. We also have had naked cyclists in Cambridge on regular occasions.
02GF74

posted on 22/6/20 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
We have a local dogging site a couple of miles away , often featured in the local news. We also have had naked cyclists in Cambridge on regular occasions.

I'd like to make it clear I was fully dressed in the finest lycra and had no intention in taking part in any of these activities. Had I known about this place, I would have parked elsewhere.

It turns out that part of the Surrey hills is somewhere I'd not ridden before and it was completely different to the area closer to North downs way being very sandy with some interesting narrow tracks and forest.

I went past a number of parking places that I will use on my next trip.

nick205

posted on 22/6/20 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
There's a layby local to us that used to be noted for similar interests. Eventually the local council and highways agaency closed the layby with massive conrete barriers either end to prevent vehicle access. Given the location it's not somewhere easily accessible unless you drive to it, so hopefully it brought an end to the activity - maybe it moved to the Hogs Back
gingerprince

posted on 22/6/20 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
I'd like to make it clear I was fully dressed in the finest lycra

coyoteboy

posted on 22/6/20 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm quite annoyed there were no signs to an indication of what goes on there.

You expect them to put signs up?

Funniest thread in a while.

Pretty sure that the only thing you're at risk of is getting an eyefull, whether you're male or female. I used to go kitesurfing 2-3 times a week on a beach where nudists were and dogging happened every night. They didn't put signs up either, but they did run if you chased them.

[Edited on 22/6/20 by coyoteboy]

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/6/20 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
LOL I find it so funny when people glimpse what actually is going on around them. This is not remotely unusual.

[Edited on 22/6/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 22/6/20 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the heads up, do I need to buy a dog ?

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

nick205

posted on 22/6/20 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:

Pretty sure that the only thing you're at risk of is getting an eyefull, whether you're male or female. I used to go kitesurfing 2-3 times a week on a beach where nudists were and dogging happened every night. They didn't put signs up either, but they did run if you chased them.

[Edited on 22/6/20 by coyoteboy]

I'm sure most people run away when chased

"Put signs up"

James

posted on 22/6/20 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I guess you're a little young to heard of Stan Collymore right? I really don't think anyone had heard of it before then had they?

I live not far from there and used to drive the Hogs Backs every day for work. It's fairly well know locally for what goes on there and is officially nominated by the Police as a PSA (public sex area) and so they turn a blind eye. A colleague used to live very close by to it and said it was a nightmare at weekends.

There's also one at the M25/A3 cafe. If you drive onto the A3 from the M25 you'll see them literally queueing down the slip road to get in at night. A mate of mine works for Surrey Wildlife Trust and it's their responsibility to maintain it. Apparently it's a real pain clearing up in the mornings with the amount of ladies underwear strewn about the place. My mate got so annoyed with the whole thing he Glyphosated all the rhododendrum bushes so they shed all their leaves and couldn't be used as cover!

Gives people something to do I guess!

[Edited on 22/6/20 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/6/20 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hope their practicing social distancing...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Big T

posted on 23/6/20 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
The police are quite regularly in that lay-by. I’m always quite cautious there as there has on occasion been the camera van in that lay-by, if not that one they’re often up and down the hogs back at various points.

I was in the Petrol station just down the road from this lay-by on the other carriageway once and was encouraged to fill up someone’s car For a “favour”. Took me an embarrassingly long time to grasp what they were getting at which made for an awkward situation. I was somewhat blown over by their out right front.

r1_pete

posted on 24/6/20 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big T
The police are quite regularly in that lay-by. I’m always quite cautious there as there has on occasion been the camera van in that lay-by, if not that one they’re often up and down the hogs back at various points.

You have to wonder what they are filming.....

Daf

posted on 24/6/20 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big T
I was somewhat blown over by their out right front.

Blown over?

Big T

posted on 24/6/20 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Probably not the best term to use
02GF74

posted on 24/6/20 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:

Pretty sure that the only thing you're at risk of is getting an eyefull, whether you're male or female.

Yes, some warning that stuff is going on, and I would have parked elsewhere, I'm not local so had no idea.

Indeed nothing bad happened it's just not what I want to see in a public area, what if instead of me it were young children?

AntonUK

posted on 24/6/20 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Its very common on Cannock Chase (the very place Stan Collimore got caught)

I've seen them when cycling up there, I just ignore them and they ignore me.

Quite funny to drive up there and sit in the car and wait for guys to start popping their heads out of bushes to see what you are doing.

A friend was once approached in his camper, the guy popped his head in and said "oh, you are drinking tea" and walked off.

Build Photos Here

coyoteboy

posted on 25/6/20 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yes, some warning that stuff is going on, and I would have parked elsewhere, I'm not local so had no idea.

Indeed nothing bad happened it's just not what I want to see in a public area, what if instead of me it were young children?

I think the fact that it's illegal means no-one will be putting up warning signs. I'm not sure who's responsibility it would be either.

If it were not you, and were kids, I suspect they wouldn't even understand what was going on fortunately. Obviously not something anyone wants to see while they're out, I agree, I'm just a bit confused by the tone of the post I guess. "There was this illegal and grim thing happening in a random layby, why didn't someone warn me"

Ah no harm intended, I'm just laughing at the whole situation.

[Edited on 25/6/20 by coyoteboy]

BenB

posted on 25/6/20 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
There's a spot near me on Hampstead Heath famous for being an informal gentlemans' only club. It's quite hilarious walking through it- lots of men standing around looking nonchalant. One had even brought a book to read. Must admit I didn't think it was quite so funny when I was cycling through that bit of the Heath and my chain slipped off. Bent over the bike seat in my tiny clingy sweaty cycling shorts I was certainly aware of onlooking eyes- PB on the chain re-seating though!

Still, it's not against the Heath bye-laws. Well not unless they're "sorting rags, cleaning bones or the like"- byelaws on the Heath are from somewhere in the middle ages.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.