Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes forum cvh cooling
saxman

posted on 3/11/22 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes forum cvh cooling

After several years I have resurrected my Haynes roadster project.Car is running sierra 1.8 cvh on bike carbs. All running ok but overheating. I can’t find original details of how to plumb cooling system to check I have it correct and the Haynes forum has been offline for some time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

James

posted on 4/11/22 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by saxman
After several years I have resurrected my Haynes roadster project.Car is running sierra 1.8 cvh on bike carbs. All running ok but overheating. I can’t find original details of how to plumb cooling system to check I have it correct and the Haynes forum has been offline for some time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

My memory is such that the only person I can remember with a CVH is Surrey Dave.

Maybe worth a scout around his posts to see what he posted in case there's anything useful.

Sorry, I can't be much more help!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

SJ

posted on 4/11/22 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
I previously had a 1.8 CVH. It was plumbed in same as the Sierra it came from. What radiator do you have?

See this thread and look at Andy188's archive for a diagram
Link

[Edited on 4/11/22 by SJ]

saxman

posted on 10/11/22 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Think i am sorted now, thanks for the replies looking through others archive pictures helped

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.