Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flasher Circuit Help!!
chrisf

posted on 10/2/05 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Flasher Circuit Help!!

I’m trying to figure out how to do my flasher circuit. Ideally, it would go like this. Two round LEDs per side in the rear—four total. I want to wire permanent daytime running lights, so the rear lights will always be lit. When I step on the brake, I would like all four LEDs to brighten. When I turn on the flasher to make a right turn, for example, I’d like the rightmost LED to flash. If I step on the brake while the flasher is on, I’d the three leftmost lighten to brighten and the rightmost to flash. When I trip the hazard switch, the left most and right most LED should flash.

Because the fuse block will be in the engine bay, I’d like for the install to be as nice as possible. Thus, no second hand bits. Does anyone have a circuit diagram for what I need? Alternatively, does anyone know what bits I need to make this happen?

I should have clarified that the LED tail lights contain stop/tail/turn capabilities. My understanding is that these act as a dual filament bulb. I’ve studies multiple circuit diagrams and am still at a loss as to what I need to do.

Any help is much appreciated.

--Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve @ sVc

posted on 11/2/05 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Chris,
If your vehicle is being registered as being younger than 1965, you will have to flash amber at the front and rear.
Pre jan '65 you can flash red @ back & white @ front
Regards
Steve @ sVc

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve @ sVc

posted on 11/2/05 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Chris - sorry - as you are in the USA forget my last posting !
There is a relay that we use for Cobra replicas sold in the USA that interupts the brake circuit to flash the brake lights - but I expect these are more readily available where you are than over here.
you will prob. have to use resistors to allow the use of LEDs as indicators as the current consumption is much less than a normal bulb and the flasher should flash too fast other-wise.
Steve

Spyderman

posted on 11/2/05 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think what you need is a trailer relay!
I bought one in the States when I was over there and it should allow you to do what you suggested.
It was designed for cars with red only tail lights.

Terry

Spyderman

chrisf

posted on 11/2/05 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Gents!

I spent the day researching (at work no less) and found this.

I chatted with the manufacture and it sound slike this will work without playing with a bunch of relays. Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like it will simplify things nicely--assuming it will work.

Do you think this is the product I'm after?

--Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.