Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: suitable calipers and discs
siert

posted on 21/11/02 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
suitable calipers and discs

Which brake disks can be fitted to the front without using vented discs? I'm trying to save weight and because its a track car i want solid discs up front.
Any one know of a lighter set of ford calipers i could then fit to these discs??

Thanks Siert,
holland.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macspeedy

posted on 27/11/02 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
solid discs

lolocost, robin hood do a conversion kit, which includes 2 brand new calipers with pads 2 discs solid type and 2 flexis for £70 bargin !!!! hope this is of some help.. www.lolocost.com
paulbeyer

posted on 27/11/02 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I tried to get hold of this set from Lolocost when they were in Exeter but they don't do it anymore. Apparently they can't get hold of the calipers anymore. Bugger.
siert

posted on 27/11/02 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
any idea which calipers and discs they use?? Would they be willing to tell what they used in their set ??
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macspeedy

posted on 15/12/02 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
solid discs

pass it on http://www.kit-car-builders.co.uk/donor-parts.htm
bsilly

posted on 15/12/02 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
they must use sierra ones.....cos they fit on where the vented one s used to go....calapers/disc/pads...that is.....bmw 3's calipers are same.....but use vented.....no good to yer i know...surely yer not gunna save that much weight changin yer brakes.....

mainly digger drivin me

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.