Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thieving B'stards
Dunc

posted on 11/7/05 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Thieving B'stards

Thieving B'stards took my Jag V12 Soverign project car from out side my workshop last week. I spent the weekend trying to find it without success.

Word was that gypsies came with a blue leyland hiab, tanned the rear passenger windows, put a chain through it and lifted it.

Spent the weekend driving round trying to find out where it went. The thought that it has prob now sold for £30 scrap value and crushed is annoying, and probably driving round one of their campsites alone at 12.30am on a sunday morning isnt the brightest thing to do. Prob long gone along with the rest of the eco warriors.

Phoned round the dismantlers and scrap metal merchants but they say they havn't got it.

Grrrrr. Just venting some of my frustration!

James

posted on 11/7/05 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Unlucky mate!

Really sorry to hear that.

Hope you find it.

James

EDIT: P.S. Did you ever finish the Locost? Last thing I remember was you'd just finished the nosecone/bonnet piece!

[Edited on 11/7/05 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

jonbeedle

posted on 11/7/05 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Bad luck mate. There are some sods about and that's putting it politely. Someone tried to ride off on my motorbike once but they didn't realise I had the u-lock through the back wheel so as he tried to ride off, the back wheel locked and witnesses say he fell off. Done a bit of damage but I hope he bloody well hurt himself...badly!
You can only hope that these gits will pick the wrong victim and end up getting the crap kicked out of them one day!
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonbeedle

posted on 11/7/05 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
By the way if you want another Jag there's a guy in Mildenhall Suffolk who banger races them. He has a load of them in his yard. I'm sure he'll flog you one. That's where I'm going to get mine when I start my XK140 project.
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dunc

posted on 11/7/05 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Guys,

One Car Breaker offered me a 5l V8 with loom out of a Lincoln Limo for £500 when I told him what I was going to use the Jag for. So now I'm on the lookout for a Blue Leyland Hiab, wonder how much I'll get if I scrap that!!

posted on 11/7/05 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote

Bad luck!!

If it be of any comfort,some of the thieves run into the wrong guy occasionaly.
A guy i know had a silent alarm installed into his Golf.This alarm sended a message to his beeper when activated.
One evening his beeper sended an alarm and he whent out and saw a guy fooling in his car.
He walked very casual, as he was getting a fresh nose,towards his car and when he got to his car he pulled the guy out by surprise and started to beat the hell out of him.
When the police and the ambulance arrived some neighbours interviewed by the cops said that the thief started the fight
so it was justified selfdefence!

NS Dev

posted on 11/7/05 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
A chap near to where I used to live had constant problems with gypsies stealing machinery from him.

One day he went to access one of his fields and they had parked caravans in the lane blocking his access. He asked politely a few times that they move them and was met with a "hostile response".

he is a chap that loses his temper BADLY when he does, and the final time that they were abusive to him, he went a fetched his Cat D8 bulldozer, checked they had left the caravans for the day, then levelled them and tracked them into the mud!!!! They never bothered him again strangely enough!

posted on 11/7/05 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote

Dunc

posted on 11/7/05 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
I was gunning for a fight on saturday night when I heard who took it. Lucky for them I never found them. There's only one thing these wankers understand.
DarrenW

posted on 11/7/05 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that mate. very bad luck.

Where did it get taken from. Maybe we can keep an eye out for it or the hiab. Give us a quick description.

If you find the car outside one of their caravans id be tempted to torch it (the car that is, not the caravan). Its probs best you didnt find it, sounds like you were touring some dodgy areas. Its only a car at the end of the day - not worth getting hurt for.

wilkingj

posted on 11/7/05 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonbeedle
Bad luck mate. There are some sods about and that's putting it politely.

You can only hope that these gits will pick the wrong victim and end up getting the crap kicked out of them one day!
Cheers
Jon

Ah ha!.. ala Tony Martin Style!
There should be laws that give protection to the Victims not the perpertrators.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

chrisf

posted on 11/7/05 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Very bad luck; I hope everything works out.

I didn't realize the gypsy problem was real! I thought the movie 'Snatch' was making jokes...

--Chris

NS Dev

posted on 11/7/05 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
as was mentioned further up, you do need to be careful around the "travelling types" (not all of them I hasten to add)

Another person that used to live near to my parents ran a smallish plant hire company and had a load of kit (compressor, vibratory roller, drills, mini digger) stolen from the side of the road at a job. He went and looked around the area, which included checking the local illegal gyppo site. Sure enough he saw the gear there, and did the proper thing and called the police.

I don't know the exact nature of the discussion with the police but he told me that they basically said that they can't raid the site unless they have evidence that the machinery was his. When he said that he could only prove that if he went onto the site (to see the ID on the machinery) they said that they could not help with this. He informed the police that he would go and retrieve the machinery himself and they advised against this too!!!

He went with all his own labourers and a neighbouring firms blokes, plus two trucks and two JCB's, and retrieved the equipment!!!! Apparently the atmosphere was "lively" in the camp at the time, but he had blocked the entrance with the 2 trucks to keep things contained.

ned

posted on 11/7/05 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine runs his own civil eng groundworks company and had a digger lifted. It turned up a week or so later in the middle of a field miles away in the middle of nowhere. Apparantly some alarms have a gps type tracker fitted that you can't easily find/disable on plant so the theives park it up somewhere remote for a week to see if it gets found, if it doesn't they pick it up and take it off to the local pub/auciton etc to get rid.

He's also told me stories of people lifting smaller stuff (breakers, gennys etc) whlist they've been sat 2-300m away eating lunch and seen them do it but by the time they get there the guys have driven off etc.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

theconrodkid

posted on 11/7/05 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
plod is deffo not interested as they will prob get hurt or accused of human rights infringments.
the one thing they fear is fire,all their money is in the caravans..........thats what they did round my way to get rid if them

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

GeoffT

posted on 11/7/05 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisf
Very bad luck; I hope everything works out.

I didn't realize the gypsy problem was real! I thought the movie 'Snatch' was making jokes...

--Chris

They're a very real problem in the UK mate, these people are no "Gypsies" as we used to know them, but travelling "pikeys". They're basically just a bunch of lawless thugs, who make a living by stealing just about anything they can lay their hands on. "Social terrorists" would be an apt description.
Ad yet absurdly we allow these parasites to exist in our society - why on earth is that? Surely the do-gooders who think these people have "rights" have never had the pleasure of having had them camped out on their doorstep for a few days. That would soon change their attitude about them.......
As we say "rant over", I'll go and have a lay down now.

tom_loughlin

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
funnily enough, or not so funny at the time, yesterday morning, at about 8.30am i parked my car outside my house while i ran in to get my swipe card for work. 20 seconds later i came out of my front door to see my car door open - ive only had the car a week!!
anyway, there was one chap on a bike keeping a lookout, and one guy in my car - when the guy on the bike realised it was my car, he rode off, and left the other guy half in my car.
i got between him and the door, so he couldnt run off and asked if he wanted any help, or if he was lost?
anyway, he tried to stand up to confront me, but i kept pushing him down so se was sat in my car, and he had my phone and wallet from my glovebox.
after much 'gentle perasion' he gave me back both of my belongings, tnd i told him to f**k off before i really lose my temper.

the thing was though, i was so tempted to slam the door on his ankles, which i would guess would destroy his feet for a very long time - i was holding the door just about to slam it on him, when i thought he proaby noticed where i live, and torch the place or something.

in the long run, im glad i did what i did, and was lucky to get my stuff back, but i have never seen a guy so scared in my life.

bastards

Tom

tom_loughlin

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
as well, we get a lot of pikey gypsies bak home, as i like in the middle of nowhere, and when someone comes snooping round in the middle of a working day, admiring the garage, and outbuildings - and when confronted asks if you have any scrap metal.

my approach is to let all four tyres down, and kick in a couple of panels on their scruffy van (which is loaded full or chainsaws and alike)... and mention that you think there may be some metal theyre interested in at the top of my drive

funily enough, never saw em again

bastards

Tom

JoelP

posted on 11/7/05 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
they're not all lawless twats though, though im baffled as to how they make a legitimate income! My mate has all his scrap taken away by the local gypsies, just leaves it outside for them. Honest lads by all accounts, who have in the past rung his mobile to make sure they're removing the right stuff.

But its always a bugger when someone takes the pish. Best luck with the search, just remember that the hiab might have been borrowed

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Mark Allanson

posted on 11/7/05 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Gypsy walks over to Hiab owner

" Do you mind if I can borrow your lorry with its ever so useful lifting equipment?"

Hiab owner..

" Of course not, just bring it back in a week or so"

...gypsies may have only borrowed the Jag, they will return it in a day or so

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

jollygreengiant

posted on 12/7/05 at 04:24 AM Reply With Quote
Dunc, all sound very familiar mate. Had the same happen to my 2.0is sierra (with the ex plod ecu) Neighbour of mine caught the rego number. When I spotted it (the truck) in the area a month or so later NORTHANTS plod was NOT interested.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

NS Dev

posted on 12/7/05 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
They come up my road on a very regular basis, shouting "scrap metal" "scrap metal", but they are looking VERY keenly at everything else as well.

Luckily, being an old row of ex-council houses in a fairly rough area, everybody tends to keep an eye out for each other, and my neighbour spotted them having a very good look at my 4-wheel car trailer in the front garden and he told them to fcuk right off.

Two doors up, they had a knackered old cavalier on the drive. It was scrap but they were away on holiday and the gyppos just took it away!!!!

Dunc

posted on 12/7/05 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the support Guys,

After I found out the Jag was away I checked with the council (Falkirk) and the autobreakers they use to uplift cars but they didn't know anything about it.

It was later on while speaking with one of the other guys he said they had folk round earlier in the day asking if they had any scrap cars, he said no cos they use a local guy to take the scrap away. Later on they were seen by someone else lifting the Jag with the Hiab.

But your right, the plod are not interested in helping. As soon as I mentioned I was looking for gypsie camps cos my Jag was stolen he pointed me in the right direction but that was it.

But while going round the camps I did see a few nice caravans just sitting there in a nice wee group, might take me a few trips but I'm sure I can get a few pounds when I take them for scrap.

If they do have 'owners' then I can lure them away with bribe of scrap.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.