comments please.

Regards

Ewan.

dave1888

posted on 24/8/05 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Should be there

RickyKay

posted on 24/8/05 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Be there as usual. Hope more turn up this time!!
tri

posted on 24/8/05 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
hope to be there ay even have a car to drive if i get a move on

Tri

Big Stu

posted on 25/8/05 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I will be there, I will bring the locost this time, but it would be good if someone bought it then I could drink more stella this time.
Hornet

posted on 26/8/05 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Meeting of scottish kit car club is on Monday night at Falkirk.... gona take car along if weather ok...
Anyone else poping along?

Us scottish lads dont seem to meet up very often..... gona be coldish by 23 rd sept..

omega 24 v6

posted on 26/8/05 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
A weekend meet in the Perth/Dundee area might entice some of the Northern guys out of hibernation. I would come once my cars finished in 2007.
escary

posted on 26/8/05 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Guys , it's not cold in the pub

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 27/8/05 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
very true its warm in the pub but i think most of us prefer to stand around in the cold talking/looking at kit cars- i can sit in a pub any night of the week and if the cold bothered me that much i wouldn't have an open topped car!!
escary

posted on 27/8/05 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
we agree on many things

re the title.

anyone can go the pub when they choose to.

there seems to be two camps.

on a locost night a few prefer to leave the cold nights to rolling about in the garage, using the tips thay have picked up at the most recent locost meeting which then assists the build of their desired build type.

others prefer to display their mechanical ability to like minded individuals, who have got an on the road car.

there is no harm in either, and to have an on the road car is an excellent acheivement which should never be belittled in any way.

my preference is to have a few beers with my peers, who are willing help, lend and give time, parts and advice where they may have encountered a problem or had a great idea ( you know the one, build a sports car for 250 quids or less and race it )

my point is i don't care about the cold or

1 i wouldn't have deceided to build a car with no roof, side panels or windscreen.

2 i wouldn't have been riding bikes for decades, it is also a little more difficult to fall off a car or have some arse knock you off of one, there are several i'm sure will try however.

so we tend to agree about the cold.

there is however a but, so here goes and before i start i am not attempting to upset anyone this just seems to be the look of things to come.

Scottish locost meetings are poorly attended as we all know, this isn't down to the lack of builders as i have met many different guys, it does seem that the same faces meet and now regard each other as friends rather than ' the chap i met at the locost meeting'

there is little effort made through this site to all meet up, maybe down to the poor attendance.

or

could it be that when the guys without cars meet in the pub whilst the guys with meet in the car park and neither make a point of looking for the other.

The guys in the car park may be saying that the chaps inside ' will see them and will come out' whilst the the guys in the pub may be thinking that ' we arranged to meet in the pub so that's where we will look for our locosters and why not have a pint whilst we wait'

both good points, but having done over 4000 miles this year on my bike and looking forwards to having my own seven for hopefully next year or even the year after, my opinion is a simple one. When i get in to my seven am gonna drive it, kick its arse and hopefully get it as sideways as often as i can for as long as i can (which might not be big clever or very long for that matter) but all very difficult to do whilst parked in the car park. Once we have built or sevens drive em, and toast your sucess in the pub with your mates. Taking the car to the pub gives you a little taste of both and generally fails to satisfy either as it'd take a very brave man to leave his seven in camelon beefeater car park overnight as he'd drank too much with the locosters, having melted his tyres on the way to the meeting and rolled the tread off the sides of the tyre.

We all want the same thing, wether it's a self build from six lengths of steel, built from a bare supplied frame to ensure quality and value or bought from someone who is moving on to his next project, we all want to enjoy our motoring in something we regard as our own car that isn't the same as all the rest of the euroboxes we all seem to have accepted in life.

so why does it seem that there are two camps, and more to the point.

Are you comming mate?

As i'd like to buy you a pint and probably take a few pointers from your build.

Regards

Euan

RickyKay

posted on 27/8/05 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Here here well said agree with every word....
MarkD

posted on 27/8/05 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
As a failed builder, I do like to be out in the carpark at the begining to see all the fine examples of cars I am unable/don't have the time to build myself, but then it's definately worthwhile going inside the pub for all the gossip, tips & crack. (Plus Beer & Warmth!)

Lets face it - if all we want to do is hang around talking and reving engines in carparks, we should all buy Corsas. (Just remembered - we can't do this because we are no longer 17....)

Stu - wish I knew you were selling your car earlier - recently spend all my spare cash on a <4 sec, 0-60 run around.

PS - 140 Amp Clarke Mig Welder for sale.

Car sold - looked like this when I gave up:
http://www.a1goods.co.uk/locost/
www.partywares.co.uk

Buy Cheap GPS Garmin eTrex Receivers, Gameboy Advance gear & Magic Tricks at http://www.a1goods.co.uk/shop/ (Blatant Ad!)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
delboy

posted on 28/8/05 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Escary, have you forgotten who you are? Your first post is signed Ewan and the rant you later posted is Euan. You just taking the wee or what?
escary

posted on 28/8/05 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
maybe your right

regards

Horace

tadltd

posted on 30/8/05 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
See the "Hoon Aroon...." thread for a new way to get the Scots Locosters together...

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Big Stu

posted on 30/8/05 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I promise I will come to the pub and get pished next time and tell her in doors that I won't be back till dawn.

Mark,

Sorry mate, I posted a thread on here saying that it was on E-bay, but did not get a single bid. It is on Pistonheads at the moment and have got a couple of question askers, stuff like "does it have power steering?, or my personal favourite so far was about airbags.....

I have been kinda forced to sell as I bought my self an elise and I am also building the land rover at the moment so she is kinda moaning about state of the back garden.

Stu

RickyKay

posted on 5/9/05 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I take it it will be me, escary and stu in the pub and everyone else outside then?????????????
Dunc

posted on 6/9/05 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
I might come onto the pub, but as long as the conversation doesn't turn into one about motorbikes of the 70's because of the lack of progress on locosts.
MarkD

posted on 10/9/05 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
Need to be in London that morning, but I've booked an early flight back so that I can get to the pub on time - depending on (sl)Easyjet to being on time.

www.partywares.co.uk

Buy Cheap GPS Garmin eTrex Receivers, Gameboy Advance gear & Magic Tricks at http://www.a1goods.co.uk/shop/ (Blatant Ad!)

escary

posted on 17/9/05 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
b t t t

RickyKay

posted on 17/9/05 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
So its all confirmed then IN THE PUB plenty of drink. See u all there.
Dunc

posted on 19/9/05 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Horace,

Do you guys have cheap fibre glass suppliers?

D.

escary

posted on 22/9/05 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
i'll tell u in the pub (not the car park)

regards

Tallulah.

should use my weekend name for Friday after work.

MarkD

posted on 23/9/05 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Flight was on time so I'll be there tonight. I'll be nearer 20:00 than 19:30.

Will see you all both inside and outside the pub. Weather looks like it's picked up a bit, so let's hope there is a good turn out.

Mark

www.partywares.co.uk

MarkD

posted on 23/9/05 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Great night in the pub had by all - I must have turned up to late to see the guys with fully built cars.

Dunc - thanks for the lift, next time I'll drive and pick you up.

Mark

www.partywares.co.uk

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.