Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PINTO DIZZY MODULE WIRES
bob

posted on 8/5/03 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
PINTO DIZZY MODULE WIRES

Bit confused and haynes aint helping none.

As i look down at module with plug and wires coming towards me i have from left to right GREEN/BLACK/WHITE/VIOLET/ORANGE/BROWN.

I know BROWN is earth so thats sorted,and i think VIOLET and ORANGE go to dizzy GREEN and BLACK have lost me and white isnt listed in any of the haynes mauals i have.

Any clues?

A drawing would be nice,
cheers

ChrisW

posted on 8/5/03 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Green is probably the coil?

I've got CVH and Xflow ones in the garage so I'll take a look later.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr G

posted on 8/5/03 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
I know this may not be of relevance but i had a 2.0 pinto in a sierra with an amplification module and chucked a 2.8 v6 in which also needed an amplification module. I used the one that was in it and just extended the wires to the new dizzy connector which needed to be longer. If i can remember rightly i connected up the black from the amp module/dizzy plug and nearly had terminal melt down. In the end i had to just leave a black wire disconnected. This is 11 years ago so its a bit vague but to sum up I had trouble with a black wire in the amp module department not acting as i thought it would and shorting out big time. If that makes any sense i'll eat my build manual

G

Peteff

posted on 9/5/03 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
I'll have a look in a bit.

The green is rev counter, the black I think goes to the starter solenoid feed from the ignition for a boost when cold starting, I'll have a look in the shed in a bit cos I've got it in bits fittins a new column bearing.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

jonti

posted on 9/5/03 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Bob

Your wires are different colours to mine ( probly cos I re-did mine) but if you number your Brown wire (1) which is indeed earth, then, asuming I'm looking at it the right way up, connections are as follows:-
1: (Brown)Earth
2: (Orange)Dizzy
3: (Voilet) Dizzy
4: (White) Switched 12v+ve (from small spade on botttom of starter solly)
5: (Black)Coil +ve ( you might need to join this to (4)
6: (Green)Coil -ve

Works for me !!!

Cheers

J.J

[Edited on 9/5/03 by jonti]

OFROK

Peteff

posted on 9/5/03 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Mines not got a white either. Black/red and a green/yellow to the plastic lump(inductive trigger) fastened to the dizzy, black/green to a relay(ignition) and a green to the coil and rev counter,brown to earth and black to an ignition controlled live source. Don't know what module you have but it doesn't look like anything I've got either.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

bob

posted on 9/5/03 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
jonti

I think i may owe you a beer mate,thanks very much,it was the white wire that was causing the headache but in the end i spose it had to be powered somehow and kinda makes sense now.

Thanks for all the other replies too

[Edited on 9/5/03 by bob]

jonti

posted on 12/5/03 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
No prob mate..glad to be of help

OFROK

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.