Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What Speedo?
gwmckay

posted on 25/5/03 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
What Speedo?

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a speedo for use with my pinto efi (Granada) based locost. I belive it is electronic. How difficult is it to calibrate this and can it be done at home or will this be a job for a professional?

Can any of you tell me where i can purchase / download a copy of the current SVA regulations?

Many thanks

George

jonti

posted on 29/5/03 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
C'mon chaps its rude to ignore a noobie

George
There a re lots of speedo manufacturers and the units usually come with full installation and calibration instructions take your pick. I'd suggest search this site though I know there was a thread on this very subject earlier this year and probably loads before that.. As to SVA Manual: As far as I know you can't (legally) download one. However, there a lots of 'potted' versions about. Indeed there was one on this site a couple of months ago. I can't just remember where but it'll still be there somewhere. Or, do a search on Lycos/Google/Jeeves whatever your preference, for 'SVA Regs' you'll find loads. The official way is to obtain a copy from the DVLA for the price of £25.00.(robbin'b**ds)
Good Luck
J.J

OFROK

zetec

posted on 29/5/03 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
I used a MT75 gearbox from a Sierra which had a speed sensor as well as a speedo cable output for the ABS, and I suspect a efi equiped car would have the same as the ECU needs info. If you do then life is made easier if you use a aftermarket speedo from VDO, ETB, CAI or Smiths as the output from this sensor will run the speedo. CAI (Smiths) say the normal Ford output pulse is 8000 per mile so it's easy to work out new pulse output by comparing old/new tyre size. Mine cam out within 1% at SVA.
stephen_gusterson

posted on 1/6/03 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
sva can be had at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svaonline

its sent to you when you subscribe......not bang up to date but gives you an idea of what you have to cope with.

atb

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.