Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I don't believe it!
nitram38

posted on 29/9/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I don't believe it!

Tonight some of my next door neighbour's kids (both sides), one being an 18 year old girl who has just come out of prison, have been with a group play fighting outside my house and in the process have caved in the front wing on my previa.
They knew I had a camera over my car, but they didn't know I have night vision on my cam. The video is like daylight in the dark.
Neither of them came forward even they know me.
The neighbour's kids didn't cause the actual damage so they are not in trouble for that. I just want the two who did it to sort it out.
The video is a little fuzzy but you can clearly pick out who's who.
I went to both of their houses but you might have guessed it, their parents are out so I can't really tackle them.
I have warned them to tell the two boys who did it to come forward before the video goes to the police.
The 18 year old girl must be pretty thick as she denies knowing the 2 boys, but you can clearly see them coming from her doorway and afterwards she can be seen giving one of the boys a hi-five several times.
Looks like another day of un-necessary grief tomorrow.

Rant over!

[Edited on 29/9/2007 by nitram38]

BenB

posted on 29/9/07 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I think the answer is simple. If she doesn't say who they are she's defending them and therefore by default taking responsibility for their actions (instead of them).....

If she's just out of prison its likely the usual "let out after one week due to good behaviour" but a quick chat with her parole officer would no doubt get her coughing up the names pretty quickly....

nitram38

posted on 29/9/07 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think you are right and she is just calling my bluff. I can tell when people lie to me face to face.
Tomorrow her mother might have something to say to her.
I am trying to be fair and give them the opportunity to sort it out first.

graememk

posted on 29/9/07 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a nice girl, now do you think that the people that did it will be able to pay for the damage ? no so i'd just sort it in my own way. it might cost you £££ but more satisfying in the long run

also what will happen if the girl goes back in nick will you get any come back from it ?

nitram38

posted on 29/9/07 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
I think it will be sorted as my other neighbour is related to the girl and won't stand for anything. He also wouldn't want the police knocking on his door to question his son as he has s few things to hide too!
Sounds bloody good!
I have lived here 10 years without any problems and I am pretty sure that this will be sorted by my neighbours.
We get on very well and I don't think that they will want to live with the problem.
The girl's mother is ashamed, not proud of her record, so I think that there will be some pressure from her.
I think that when both neighbours see the video that they more than likely know these boys themselves.

Omni

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Any update?

Good luck BTW.

O

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
No not yet, I'm waiting for the feckers parents to surface, which I expect will be about the time I start up my chop saw !!!
I would post the video but it is in dvr format. I wouldn't mind converting it to avi or wmv but I can't find a program to do it.
Here is a pic of the damage. It looks like an easy pull out job but the paint has cracked so a respray of the panel (metallic plus laquer) is needed.

Description
Description

Not a good photo but the video is better as I know 3 of the kids in the photo:

Description
Description

[Edited on 30/9/2007 by nitram38]

graememk

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
townie chavs?

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
I just caught up with the girl's mother.
Her attitude is just as bad.
The girl is still denying knowing the boys, so I asked her why she went up to one of them and hi-fived him 3 times before walking away holding his arm?
The mother said that she didn't understand why police would be at her door. Got to be thick!
I basically told her she saw a crime, knew the person who did it and didn't report it. That makes her criminally liable too.
I told her that I am being the nice guy here by giving her the option to tell me who it was, before I go to the police.
She was so thick as to why I wanted to do it.
I asked her that if I saw someone damaging her car, would she be p*ssed off if I said I wouldn't tell her?
She said " I can see your point, but what has it got to do with me?" Duh !
I think that my consideration of my neighbours is going out of the window.
I get up for work some mornings and leave at 4am and sometimes get home at 5am (nightwork).
I always use the silent option on my car alarm remote (no chirp) and I have turned off the knock sensor.
It looks like I will be re-instating them and accidently setting them off a few times in future.
If they complain. I'll just say sorry, but I have had to take extra security measures.
If they don't care, nor do I.

Macbeast

posted on 30/9/07 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
You'll probably be arrested for filming children without their parents' permission.

Such is life these days

Deckman001

posted on 30/9/07 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
You'll probably be arrested for filming children without their parents' permission.

Such is life these days

Wouldn't this be taken as cctv of a fixed place, therefore no child protection issues ? and seeing as crimal damage was captured, an easy crime figure for the police to accept

speedyxjs

posted on 30/9/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
leave at 4am and sometimes get home at 5am (nightwork).

WOW you only work an hour a day
Sorry. It is really annoying someone has done something that they wont admit to, even when they know you know

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

JoelP

posted on 30/9/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
martin, make sure 100% that you have all the correct signs in place regarding your CCTV, as if not its inadmissible evidence. Never too late to put them up
omega 24 v6

posted on 30/9/07 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
OR if they won't play ball chuck a brick through they're window and then refuse to help out by NOT giving them your video evidence. Only kidding of course

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
The girl's mother has been around and has seen that although her daughter didn't damage my car, she appears to know one of the boys really well.
She is going to try and get the boy's names as she doesn't want the police involved, under the understanding that if her daughter does not produce it, I will have no option but to tell them.

nitram38

posted on 2/10/07 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Well I got home tonight and one of the boys was waiting for me so he could apologise.
Turns out he was only 12!
I still told him that he (and his mate) should go home and talk to his parents on how to get my car repaired.
I said I would get a quote and that I would get it done for as little as possible.
I also thanked him for being honest and we shock hands.
It might turn out ok afterall.

Simon

posted on 2/10/07 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect he knew he'd done wrong (I figure most people know the difference), but didn't know what you'd be like about it.

He's probably be crapping himself for the last week.

Still, things are looking promising that you'll get your car fixed, and you'll still be on reasonable terms with your neighbours.

ATB

Simon

JoelP

posted on 2/10/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
i feel bad when people turn out to be half decent after you've pressed them. I walked out of a supermarket a few months back and found a woman with her trolley resting on my car, pointed it out sounding a bit annoyed and then felt bad that she was actually a very nice lady - esp since that corner of the car was already crashed!
Mark H

posted on 3/10/07 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I suspect he knew he'd done wrong (I figure most people know the difference), but didn't know what you'd be like about it.

I suspect that he also knew he'd done wrong, but didnt know you'd filmed it! Slight difference...

Having said that, it sounds like its moving on slowly but surely. Good luck!

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

graememk

posted on 6/10/07 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
any more news ?

nitram38

posted on 7/10/07 at 02:57 AM Reply With Quote
Because I have been working the last 7 days, I haven't had time to get a quote for the repair. I have arranged to get one on Tuesday.
Once that is done will come the hard bit. Prising the money out of them!

nitram38

posted on 14/10/07 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Got the quote £180 and handed it to my neighbour to pass on.
The most amazing thing has happened, NO KIDS hanging about!
It is worth £180 just to get rid of them!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.