Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which TB's for 2.0 zetec
focijohn

posted on 20/1/08 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Which TB's for 2.0 zetec

Hi all,
Which bike throttle bodies would be best to suit a 2.0 BT zetec using a MS ECU. Want to use bike TB's to try and keep costs down.
I have been looking at GSXR 1000 / 600 and CBR 1000 are these a good combination?
Considering having head work done and cam's once i can handle the power, if that makes a difference!

Regards

John

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

Fatboy Dave

posted on 20/1/08 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR 600s will be good to approx 180bhp. Just the bodies and an ECU will see you to about 160. Head work and cams will take you to about 185 depending what work and cams you have done.

Might be better off with the tapered 750s. 1000s are a bit big unless you're going for about 210bhp.

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

focijohn

posted on 20/1/08 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Once im used to it. Be looking at doing fast road cams n' pulleys, Bigger valves ported polished etc and all the necessary bolts to go with it.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

Fatboy Dave

posted on 20/1/08 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Might as well go for 750s or similar 42/44 tapers.

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

stevebubs

posted on 21/1/08 at 02:17 AM Reply With Quote
750s work well on my car....
madteg

posted on 21/1/08 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
TBS

CBR900RR on mine with Bosch 803 injectors which just push in. The original ones was ok before turbo was fitted.

[Edited on 21/1/08 by madteg]

scutter

posted on 21/1/08 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
throttle bodies
throttle bodies

I'm running mine on GSX-R 750 bodies, with a st170 manifold and the standard 2.0 blacktop fuel rail, not fired it up yet but the whole lot has only cost £140 so far including some cossie injectors, and bar the MS all i'm missing is the air temp sensor.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jenko

posted on 21/1/08 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
For a zetec with minor mods, the GSXR600 TBS are fine - In fact the injectors are the limiting factor at around 180bhp not the TB's - The 600's are tapered from 40mm to 38mm - So if your looking for a good drivable car, the smaller TB size may be better - obviously above this then the 750's are what you want, and in your case with cams and ported heads, etc, the 750's seem the better choice - get the older ones that can be spaced.....
saigonij

posted on 21/1/08 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
how do you know if they can be spaced or not?

I have an ST170 manifold, and as a side project i want to get a set of bike throttle bodies, but looking on ebay, there are alot and im not sure which ones to get.

can anyone offer me any help, or know of anyone selling any for a good price?

Jenko

posted on 21/1/08 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
For the GSXR TB's it's the K1-K3 bodies (i.e. older)....

If you look at the pictures, for most it's obvious which ones can be spaced, the ones that can't are twined ......................

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.