Board logo

Lotus Seven S2 replica with haynes locost chassis help
fjbm - 5/9/16 at 01:31 PM

Hello

I'm going to start building a replica of a Lotus 7 S2 based on the Haynes Locost Chassis.
It will have a rear English axle and will have the front top wishbone as the Sevens S2 used to be, with the Anglia TCAs linked to the anti-roll bar.
Is there anyone who can help to find a shop who can build this kind of chassis for me? It can be a good quality haynes locost chassis and I can build the front bottom wishbone, as long as it is made to fit an english axle in the back.
I already have the TCAs, hubs , etc.

Cheers

Sam_68 - 5/9/16 at 02:15 PM

Whereabouts are you located?

The cheaper solution will almost certainly be to buy a chassis from one of the established manufacturers, though, who have already got jigs made for series production.

fjbm - 5/9/16 at 07:15 PM

I'm in Lisbon, Portugal.
Can you please help me to find one of the established manufacturers?
Who, in your opinion, should be the ones to look for?
Cheers

benchmark51 - 5/9/16 at 08:39 PM

Give this link a try..

http://www.mikebrotherwood.com/Parts.html

Bluemoon - 6/9/16 at 06:26 AM

I think it may be possible to get one from:

http://www.archmotor.co.uk/

If you really want to make a true replica its probably possible to still build the S2. Worth digging around the net, other forums might provide more info on non haynes/locust approach...

Dan

fjbm - 22/2/17 at 05:50 PM

Looks like I can not find anyone who can build me a good quality locost chassis.
I've tried to call and email Talon Fabrication Motorsport but I never got an answer.
Does anyone know their actual phone number?
Thanks

StevieB - 22/2/17 at 06:02 PM

If you're happy with a locost chassis, worth giving the guys at Procomp a call...

Procomp

[Edited on 22/2/17 by StevieB]

Talon Motorsport - 22/2/17 at 07:13 PM

Talon suggested you try Tiger sports/race cars via Ebay messages, twice. I also don't answer phone calls from foreign countries.

fjbm - 22/2/17 at 08:23 PM

Hi Talon Motorsport

Yes, in did you suggested Tiger sports but unfortunately they never answered back. The choice to answer phone calls from outside the UK is yours... I didn't know that and really don't understand it...
I really got good references from you from some friends of mine back when I used to like in the UK.
I only need to know if the dimensions which are used to build a locost with a ford rear axle are the same as the original Lotus seven's. If so I could buy a locost chassis and build the front suspension arms myself.

Thanks

femster87 - 22/2/17 at 08:46 PM

Have you tried luso motors in portugal

fjbm - 12/3/17 at 08:39 PM

Hi

I have tried both Portuguese and UK's companies but no one seems to be able or willing to build me a good Haynes/Locost chassis.
Some say they no longer build chassis, only spares. Others just don't answer.
I lived in the UK for almost 7 years in the past and I really thought it would be a lot easier to find someone...

Cheers