Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Build your own single-seater on a budget
Mark Allanson

posted on 28/8/13 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I can gather, this book has been abandoned, you have been sold another one

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

JulioNobre

posted on 28/8/13 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
I canceled the purchase of the book. Go back my money.

You have some other book build a single-seater ?

Thanks

The truth is out there...

SIIaCanuck

posted on 21/7/17 at 03:17 AM Reply With Quote
Gents,

I'm resurrecting an ancient thread rather than start a new one.

After much searching, I can't find any info on possible plans for this car. I know the book is cancelled (or due in 2020 according to Amazon.ca) but just plans would work for many of us. Even a *.pdf available for purchase on signing a single-use licence would attract my interest.

I am planning a scratch built spaceframe GT40, but time/money don't allow it at the moment, so I thought a little BEC single-seater would work. '60s F1 is my interest, so anything that is BrabLotus esq would work for me and I don't really have the time to do the design/CAD work at the moment.

I miss my Striker (built in '98, sold in '09) but my wife is content with my Mustang so there's no interest in another 7esq car and I'm looking for a mid-engine single seater option.

Stew Stau

Horsepower makes you faster in straight lines, weight reduction makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 21/7/17 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Stew,

If you send me an e-mail on callan@t89.co.uk i can supply full comprehensive plans for a BEC single single.

Or have a look at www.t89.co.uk

We even did a study on what it would look like with a 60's style body. Theres a picture in the CAD section of the gallery page:

http://www.t89.co.uk/gallery.html

Cheers Cal

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
SIIaCanuck

posted on 21/7/17 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Cal,

I've looked at your car with some interest in the past. I'm not sure your chassis would work for me, but there are plenty of components that would probably suit.

My requirements are:

100mm ground clearance.
Approx 91@ wheelbase.
Approx 30L fuel capacity.
GSXR 1300 or ZX-14 powerplant.

I'd like to achieve a reclined seating position similar to early-mid 60's Lotus. Lotus 24/25/33 or Brabham BT7+ style bodywork. I've been wanting to try a composite laminate body construction on buck, I figure I can keep the bodywork under 15lbs. I can build a 12' canoe that weighs under 20lbs, so 15lbs for a suitably rigid body shouldn't be unrealistic.

I'm very interested in the possibility of using MX-5 running gear.

I'll send an email when I've got 30 mins free to think things through and we can figure out how much of your design might work.

Stew

Stew Stau

Horsepower makes you faster in straight lines, weight reduction makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 21/7/17 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
No problem Stew, those are all changes that we have looked into before.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
<<  7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.