Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Why Are We Waiting!
orton1966

posted on 12/2/12 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Why Are We Waiting!

I know someone else has asked the question on another thread but as there seem to be no reply:

Please, Please Please…

Does anyone know what is happening with the Haynes “build a single seater” book

Today I noticed yet another automated, delayed release email from amazon in my inbox reading –

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Chris Gibbs "Build Your Own Single-Seater: On a Budget"
Estimated arrival date: July 08 2013

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies….

blar blar…

It’s not the end of the world if it never materialises but at the outset it seamed such a good idea for a project I think a fair few have pre-ordered so it’ll be a shame if it doesn’t see the light of day.

Tatey

posted on 12/2/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
The single seater project was taken over by Andy at Saturn Sports Cars due to Chris Gibbs poor health. However Andy has now retired from Saturn due to bad health and the business has been taken over by Nathan and the company has been renamed NTS Engineering (easiest to find by going on the saturn sports cars website) however no word has been released on what is happening with the project.
ceebmoj

posted on 13/2/12 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Is "spud69" Andy at Saturn Sports Cars? I ask because it had looked like Saturn where making progress with the project. i.e. the pictures that surfaced a couple of mounths ago.
Tatey

posted on 13/2/12 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah Spud69 is Andy at SSC.
ceebmoj

posted on 13/2/12 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bummer he seemed to be a nice chap.
ashg

posted on 13/2/12 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
unfortunately chris gibbs had a stroke and issues with his eyes which he is now thankfully recovering from. Andy at Saturn took the project over and was making some cracking process but has now fallen due to ill health returning (epilepsy) i believe it has now been taken on by someone else. I think it will come out eventually but for now i would get a refund of Amazon if you have paid any money.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

shh120m

posted on 15/2/12 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

The project was all but completed by Andrew Hughill and has now been returned to Haynes for the last bit of finishing up, to my knowledge the book will be out later this year. Iv heard that Haynes are very keen to get the book released.

Nathan Smith

mad-butcher

posted on 20/2/12 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
suggest you read this haynes single seater
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.