Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: my roadster haynes, first step
alex89

posted on 22/8/14 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
The left cyclewing is not at the same height but it's easy to replace it

The end is near(just missing seats, harness, paint, panel...)

coozer

posted on 23/8/14 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good, quick progress.

How thick was the roll cage tube? I thought that kind of pipe bender would crease the inside of the bend?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

alex89

posted on 29/8/14 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
It's 3mm thick. A little déformation but that's not important because this rollcage is for my road test, and i will not be often on the road with.
alex89

posted on 29/8/14 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
On continu les tests
http://youtu.be/WO1pTQmbFF8

whitestu

posted on 29/8/14 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Looks great! My first drive was to the SVA test centre in London. Yours looks a lot less stressful!
alex89

posted on 27/12/14 at 03:42 AM Reply With Quote
some update. I made bodywork few time ago. I'm very sad about the result: waves, deformations, the hood not fit as well as i wanted. That's not my job, and the result is bad.

So i bought the new engine, a ZX12R. Over 700kms to get the motorbike but it was a good trip (lot of rain, wind, no power with the BMW...)

180hp, about 50kg win, it will be a good evolution.

i found new wheels on 6x13 ET16, it is good for the front but i need an offset ET0 or ET10 for the rear(if anyone know where i can find a pair).

[Edited on 27/12/14 by alex89]

alex89

posted on 12/1/15 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Some stuff

sprocket adaptator and sump plate

alex89

posted on 4/5/15 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
some update

intake airbox finish

roll cage home made

alex89

posted on 28/7/15 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
some paint

there it is!

air box not sure if i'll put a hoodscoop

not finished yet, but it comes.

alex89

posted on 29/7/15 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
final shot

40inches

posted on 29/7/15 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
1st class job.
Badger_McLetcher

posted on 29/7/15 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Shiney

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

v8james

posted on 30/7/15 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Nice build.
How did you bend the pipe for the rollcage with that pipe bender without kinking it?

alex89

posted on 30/7/15 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8james
Nice build.
How did you bend the pipe for the rollcage with that pipe bender without kinking it?
thanks a lot

I put thick sand inside tubes. Not easy to do but the result is here.

alex89

posted on 30/7/15 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
So...

http://youtu.be/6dys3L9Kphk

Vmax1974

posted on 30/7/15 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
What dash is that
alex89

posted on 31/7/15 at 02:24 AM Reply With Quote
From ZX12r
coozer

posted on 31/7/15 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Nice job there Alex, nothing like driving what you've built. Enjoy!

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

alex89

posted on 16/1/16 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
thanks a lot. that's right, it's such a good feeling to drive in.

yesterday was adjusting the geometry.

Otherwise my chassis is not that bad , there is default, but it's still very acceptable.

alex89

posted on 13/3/16 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yesterday was my first trackday with my Haynes. 2 and a half years of work that I hoped, will give me pleasure and not pain.

Day organized by the Gentlemen Drivers with whom I did a lot of trackday with the 205 Rallye.
But before that i had to finish the car, replace a rigid hose that I had pinched, I asked my old workmen to finish my aluminum intake manifold because the carbon I had done well not plastered on his plate and fled. I also acquired an air box BMC CDA and installed everything.
I had everything cut and i asked my old workmen to weld, as usual, great job!

Friday I was there, it was just a panic ...

but the big day, it's ready!

I arrived at LFG in the afternoon because of, I worked in the morning, and if I get out after three rounds, what a shame.
The arrival was at 13:00, I prepared myself, put the car heater, stress rises but not apprehensive.

I arrive to the meter control but I was arrested by the marshal because my car loses water through the overflow pipe from the expansion tank, bad sign. Forced to put absorbent, tinker a recovery based on a plastic bottle and can move to the sonometer. In fact my car can not stand to stay warm at rest and rises in temperature a bit, and beyond, for improvement thereafter, both cooling or the circuit itself. So when it set, I pass the sonometer, 93dB, impeccable, I'm starting.

In discovery mode, the circuit and the car, different sensations of the 205 Rallye of course, more thrust, sensations, driving position frankly to the ground, not too comfortable in the cockpit with my lousy pedal and a little too close to the steering wheel, the apprehension of having the frame that breaks, the mill that breaks or transmission or a wheel that is the trunk, but will make do. The cumulative all gives very low running speeds, random, in haste I had not even tire pressure (1.3b there is almost 6 months ...), but I'm going to kindly ... beginning.

Then I was quickly calmed by the accelerator which is super violent to overshoot, I must also see that because it's not very pleasant, even dangerous!

I made two 180° inconsequential because of the accelerator. Then by monitoring manos I let myself be surprised and I hit two cones, one was trapped under the car, so I stopped next to a marshal who waved me the black flag and removed the cone, but not interfere with this action, I stoped the engine, and he did not want to leave: no battery! So red flag and output of all cars, sad to be responsible for that. 4x4 arrives to start the car, once done, I'll put me to leave.

Slowly I take my bearings, I increase the pace, the chassis like good j'i confidence in him, and I pull up reports 12000trs, for that test as honestly go (300km / h meter , lol!) but a nasty vibration happens from time to time in some corners and even on the straights lines, but not easy to identify, I would lean on the tires because if that were the driveshaft he would do me the time.

At time to pull the oil temperature soaring up to 135 degrees when I decided to calm things down and do a round or two of cooling, once back down to around 100 degrees, I continu to track, and me barely takes 3 rounds we go again, another area for improvement. I do this two to three times and go paddock.
I put the gas, I talk with people interested in my car, only Seven style of the day, I calm down.

I'm leaving for the last time of the day, always with overheating problems, and new phenomenon appears with the clutch begins to slip around 8000trs, to preserve, I accelerate less like a nag, and it's the job, I battle with a replica of Lotus Eleven (Hayabusa engine), a Twingo Cup, and Z4M, and there is the drama, I started to overtake like a shoot gun the Twingo, I had the Z4M on my back, and in fact, tiredness helping (I am looking for excuses ...), I locked the brakes and look in the corner that followed and inevitably, I did all right then I could have widely pass the turn. I finished my race in a tire wall spoiling the car, making waving red flags again by my fault, and thus ending the day everyone's a little early, no less!

The loose end of the day.

the only video I could do because I had not reloaded the GoPro ... somewhere as best seen my feat, lol

https://youtu.be/bLimnjZE9-Y

Bilan, my car works fine, I overtake more powerful cars and it's funny, the limits are pushed a max compared to what I know, I could tease the edge of the chassis settings, engine, my behind (what I feel sick ass, mashed potatoes!), and I find myself with lots for improvement, and fiber to do ... I'm still mega happy nonetheless. The next time I would try more to calm down and concentrate more on the paths and settings, rather than drawing as a twisted ...

photos of the damage (light):

the same on the other side

to the other side also

see you next round

alex89

posted on 14/3/16 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
some pics

I love this one

alex89

posted on 13/5/18 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
little update, rear conversion discs with a gain of 10.2kgs in all
new brackets self-made in alloy aero

ZX12R rear disc

front caliper from a honda 600 Hornet 98

good fit

need just 10mm brackets

[Edited on 13/5/18 by alex89]

CosKev3

posted on 13/5/18 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Surely running that close the alloy is a big risk?

If a stone gets caught in there with that tight a gap I would guess on our light cars it could well lock the wheel?

Also you haven't got enough space for parts flexing surely?

alex89

posted on 13/5/18 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
that's why I made the brackets in a very strong alloy. and I am going to install 20mm wheel spacers because actually the calipers touch. The effort on the back of our cars is really minimal, so I do not think it will break, it is 31mm thick, it's a lot.
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.