Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The 'first' Haynes Roadster? - where is it?
jps

posted on 23/8/16 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
The 'first' Haynes Roadster? - where is it?

I'm off on holiday to Dorset - and an toying with visiting the Haynes Motor Museum. Which made me wonder - is that where the 'original' Haynes Roadster is now? If not - does anyone know where it is (was it even finished in fact - or was it just prepped for the photos in the book?)
joneh

posted on 23/8/16 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
It was finished, or at least it looked complete when I saw it at Stoneleigh. I thought Chris was a member on here but I seem to recall him being banned...?
loggyboy

posted on 23/8/16 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
It was finished, or at least it looked complete when I saw it at Stoneleigh. I thought Chris was a member on here but I seem to recall him being banned...?

Chris had a stroke in 2010 and from what I last read some years go can no longer use a computer.

Mistral Motorsport

joneh

posted on 23/8/16 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Ah that's a shame and I'm sorry to hear that.

I looked up some of his old posts, there's a signature been added showing he was banned for annoying the moderators via u2u. Assuming he was chrisg.

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

Chris had a stroke in 2010 and from what I last read some years go can no longer use a computer.

jps

posted on 23/8/16 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Ah that's a shame and I'm sorry to hear that.

I looked up some of his old posts, there's a signature been added showing he was banned for annoying the moderators via u2u. Assuming he was chrisg.

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

Yes - I think he was chrisg - yes, seems there was a falling out at some point, I too had seen things mentioning he had become too ill to do anything car related - sounds like a sad outcome all round really.

I got the impression that MK were involved in the production of the book, and think (but could of course be wrong) that MK produced a car at some point which is/was the same as a Haynes Roadster too? This is why I wondered whether the 'book' Haynes Roadster photos were really of either several cars, at differing stages of build, or a car that was never really 'finished' because it was done for the book pics and then changed/rebuilt afterwards...

Would still be interested to know if yellow/red car in the Book is in the Haynes Museum (or somewhere else that it can be seen...)?

AdrianH

posted on 23/8/16 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Perhaps if you ask on the Haynes forum, if member, if not I think there is a long winded way to get on, there is also another forum on the Haynes kit car that was started years ago http://www.roadster-builders.co.uk/

Not sure how active that was, it all got a bit daft on the posts back then so I ditched it and stayed on here.

My only claim to fame was mine was the first to pass IVA as opposed to SVA and I believe 8th on the road.

Best of luck finding it anyway, would be nice to know.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.