Board logo

Photos for chassis build proof
Slimy38 - 7/7/14 at 04:04 PM

I've now (finally!) completed the front section of the chassis, and just before I start tidying up some of the welds and painting I was wondering what photos I should take to satisfy the IVA man? Is it worth taking photos of pretty much everything on the basis that digital pictures are free and it's always better to have too many than not enough?

twybrow - 7/7/14 at 04:42 PM

It is generally the parts that they can no longer see due to panels/obstructions. In particular, I had photos of my lower harness mounts (not easily visible with the seats in). For a chassis build, I would suggest you take representative photos to show your weld quality on a variety of different nodes - you are simply demonstrating you are competent.

chrism - 7/7/14 at 05:47 PM

I think you need to take photos while building the chassis to prove that you built it yourself to make sure it goes in the right class of Amatuer built car for the IVA.

daveb666 - 7/7/14 at 06:49 PM

Neither the dvla nor IVA man looked at my photos.

Slimy38 - 7/7/14 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrism
I think you need to take photos while building the chassis to prove that you built it yourself to make sure it goes in the right class of Amatuer built car for the IVA.

Yep, I have about 100 photos from tubes of metal all the way to where it is now. It's just they're of the entire chassis rather than anything specific.

Slimy38 - 7/7/14 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
It is generally the parts that they can no longer see due to panels/obstructions. In particular, I had photos of my lower harness mounts (not easily visible with the seats in). For a chassis build, I would suggest you take representative photos to show your weld quality on a variety of different nodes - you are simply demonstrating you are competent.

Sounds like a good plan, thanks.

The Black Flash - 7/7/14 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrism

Yes you do - though you'll only need a few and as said they probably won't even look. But take a load anyway, just to be safe.